Best Online Parts/Accessories Store?

Hi, I am about to enter the world of dirt biking at the young age of 44. I'm sure this topic has been discussed before but can anyone recommend a good place to get parts and things online?

Fortnine seems to be ok. Does anyone have experience with them?

Thanks for your time.

Gnarly parts out of Chilliwack. I try and support my local dealers as much as possible. I price check on line but most of my dealers are pretty close to online sometimes they are better

• Like 2

I live in Squamish and I've got 2 great local bike shops where I buy most of my stuff BUT when I do buy on line (usually when they can't get what I want or if they can't match the on-line price and I usually ask them nicely if they can).

Aftermarket parts/tires/gear etc.

FortNine - great inventory/prices and quick free shipping via Canada Post on orders over $49.

Gnarly Parts - Normally it takes awhile to get stuff from them cus IMO they don't have the inventory FortNine does but I do occasionally buy from them.

RMATV - I've recently bought some stuff from them and they have just about everything. Even with the US exchange/shipping rates (if they change shipping depending on the order) their prices can work cheaper and they end up delivering via Canada Post from a place in Alberta.

If I'm buying OEM or say boots or a helmet (cus I want to try on before I buy), its always from local shop

• Like 1

RMATV. I have everything shipped to a freight froward company in Blaine. Then I walk across the boarder and pick it up, free shipping on everything over $75. 2 days delivery which is faster and much cheaper than ordering local. I don't have much motivation to support the local shops because the customer service is so bad (parts departments).

The last time I called the local dealer the parts dept was busy so I left a message with reception with the bike make, model and year as well as the part number of the OEM part I was looking for, it took them a week and a half to call me back.  

FortNine in QC and Lang's in ON are both very good.  I used to order a lot from RMATV but not any more because their customer service is so terrible now and they screw up my order more often than not.  SOMETIMES Royal Distributing in ON can be okay for certain things but they have gone downhill in recent years too.  Motosport (USA) is okay also for some things.

Thanks for all the info guys (and gals?). I much prefer to support local shops but as I'm just getting into the sport, I need pretty much everything and my wallet says I need to find the best prices I can. Cheers.

7 hours ago, North Van Man said:

Thanks for all the info guys (and gals?). I much prefer to support local shops but as I'm just getting into the sport, I need pretty much everything and my wallet says I need to find the best prices I can. Cheers.

Ya I get it dude and I'm 57 and just got back into the sport 2010.

What bike do you have and assuming you live in North Van where and who are you planning on riding with ?

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to come ride Squamish but might not be fun until the spring this winter :(

Since the last few years I find the Royal Distributing summer/off-road catalog caters much less to dirt bikes and more to ATV's.

I used to order almost monthly from them (now about 1-2 times a year) having since switched to FortNine.

At Royal, tires (their selection is limited) gets slapped with an 'oversized item shipping surcharge fee' which

negate any initial lower price, many "chemicals", (sprays, oils etc) also seem to get a 'dangerous material' fee.

None of that with FortNine. The price advertised is what you pay, no extra fees.

On the other hand R-D are quite helpful in ordering parts from Kimpex, Parts Canada etc. that aren't shown

in the regular catalog whereas FortNine pretty much only sells what is seen on their website.  

The FortNine website is way more user friendly than Royal's (still flipping .pdf style catalog pages...) 

where you can also search parts per exact model/year of bike.

Until it ships out, FortNine allows you to make last minute changes / additions to your order, Royal doesn't.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

I have not had any issues with FortNine or Gnarly Parts, I order from both and they offer free shipping if you order enough $ (never a problem for me). I find FortNine by far has the best price on tires, especially compared to local dealers and I have purchased 5 tires from them so far. RMATV is only a cheaper option when you can have your items shipped to a US parcel service and pick them up yourself (and you have to do the math on the exchange of each part - some are cheaper in Canada after exchange).  RMATV will offer items and brands the FortNine or Gnarly do not, so sometimes thats also a consideration for me.

Edited by fire22

If I may, without offending anyone, I will add one more bit of information that I find as an advantage to ordering online - I automatically save 8% over buying local - and local means I get the dealers to order items in since they really cary little to no parts. Online orders from out of province charge only GST and the orders get delivered to my door step.  Buying local means I also have to pay the 8% provincial tax. If you order form RMATV and have delivered to Canada, you may get hit with duty charges as well as paying both taxes (if you have two taxes) when the product clears customs. Saving $8 for every hundred that I spend gets me 4 Tim's coffees or maybe a tool that I wouldn't otherwise buy.

Edited by fire22

21 hours ago, filterx said:

Ya I get it dude and I'm 57 and just got back into the sport 2010.

What bike do you have and assuming you live in North Van where and who are you planning on riding with ?

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to come ride Squamish but might not be fun until the spring this winter :(

I bought a 2004 WR250F. She's a little long in the tooth but is in good condition and it fit my budget. I used to live in Squamish near Ring Creek Road and from what I hear, the riding is great up there. Thans for the invite dude, I'll send a message if I head up there. I need more moto buddies as North Van is no moto mecca :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, North Van Man said:

I bought a 2004 WR250F. She's a little long in the tooth but is in good condition and it fit my budget. I used to live in Squamish near Ring Creek Road and from what I hear, the riding is great up there. Thans for the invite dude, I'll send a message if I head up there. I need more moto buddies as North Van is no moto mecca :)

Do you know PJ or Brian?

On 11/18/2017 at 4:30 PM, North Van Man said:

I bought a 2004 WR250F. She's a little long in the tooth ..

Heck no, that's a great bike.

I have had great success with fortnine for basic aftermarket parts. motorcycle superstore went downhill a while back. not ordering from them again. rmatvmc is great. put a 1600$ order a while back. great service. would order from them again. fortnine doesn't have the variety of stuff that rmatv has. and can get ktm parts from rmatv for the same is the dealer even with a 10% discount.

I like gnarly parts and fortnine. I try not to order from the US if I can avoid it