NEW BIKEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Well guys, I officially pulled the trigger!!!! I have been looking for a bike non stop on craigslist for about a year now....I just CANT justify spending 7k on a brand new machine. About 3 months ago I bought a project bike for 500 bucks and realized it was gonna cost way more to fix it than the bake was worth...it was a 2001 Yz125.....so I resold it, didn't lose any money on it, and kept looking....Well  last week, I FOUND A GEM THAT I JUST COULDN'T PASS UP!!!!Went and picked this puppy up today for 3,500.00 bucks. 2015 Yz125. Dad bought it for his kid 2 years ago, who rode it for 6 months around his neighborhood, broke his wrist, and then never touched it again. Has about 40-50 hours on it I was told. What do you guys think?????? 

IMG_5119.JPG

IMG_5122.JPG

IMG_5123.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

Edited by Taylor Robinson

Nice!

Lucky SOB! GO over it and all, but happy for you, enjoy! No way it has that many hours.... 10 or so tops. NICE!

Edited by DEMI

Going to drain all the fluids, and give it a REALLY good clean up tomorrow. 

Looks great nice score:thumbsup: I wouldn't think it has even that many hours.  Definitely not Moto'd 

If that's the as-bought pic, you did real good!:thumbsup:  It still has the warning label on the rear fender.:applause:

48 minutes ago, Taylor Robinson said:

Well guys, I officially pulled the trigger!!!! I have been looking for a bike non stop on craigslist for about a year now....I just CANT justify spending 7k on a brand new machine. About 3 months ago I bought a project bike for 500 bucks and realized it was gonna cost way more to fix it than the bake was worth...it was a 2001 Yz125.....so I resold it, didn't lose any money on it, and kept looking....Well  last week, I FOUND A GEM THAT I JUST COULDN'T PASS UP!!!!Went and picked this puppy up today for 3,500.00 bucks. 2015 Yz125. Dad bought it for his kid 2 years ago, who rode it for 6 months around his neighborhood, broke his wrist, and then never touched it again. Has about 40-50 hours on it I was told. What do you guys think?????? 

 

Ya IMO looks barely ridden and VERY NICE :) and unless there was an hour meter on since new, you will not know exactly how many engine hours. With that said, install one (cus its easy to way over estimate engine hours) then start a log book and record ride hours, maintenance etc and you could probably ride it for 2 years and sell it for $3500 :)

 

Good bike! I'd do the fluids., service the suspension, clean the power valve, pipe  and re-ring it, it will be like new. It certainly looks like you made the right choices unloading the project and looking for a great runner!

nice find, I agree no way there is near that many hours on that thing.    Side cases show zero wear.       Dump the fluids and put in fresh and you should be good to go .  

You made out like a bandit, nice find!

If it really was used to just putt around, and they said it has 40-50 hours, it might be true - some kids don't even wear boots riding around the neighborhood, hence almost no case or frame wear. I'd consider a top end after I rode it 3-4 times, if it was my bike. It's only like $140 all in, takes an hour, and it's good peace of mind - plus it lets you really see the condition of everything. I put a fresh piston and rings in any 2 stroke I buy (usually after riding a few times and getting rid of those new bike jitters), unless I have proof it got a new top end before being sold.

Have fun with the new bike, you made a great choice 06+ yz125s are the most fun bike ever imho, they really teach you to ride too.

40-50 hours doing what, idling?  It looks like it has 10 hours max riding.  Not even wear on the cases.

That was a STEAL.  Enjoy it!

Edited by mbrick
On 16/11/2017 at 5:13 PM, William1 said:

Good bike! I'd do the fluids., service the suspension, clean the power valve, pipe  and re-ring it, it will be like new. It certainly looks like you made the right choices unloading the project and looking for a great runner!

Ya and IMO the key thing was being smart enough to ditch the PROJECT bike cus it almost like karma :)

Time to order you an exhaust and some reeds!

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:23 PM, DEMI said:

Lucky SOB! GO over it and all, but happy for you, enjoy! No way it has that many hours.... 10 or so tops. NICE!

that's what I thought...those engine covers have no wear on them....

12 hours ago, Muffintop said:

Time to order you an exhaust and some reeds!

Why would you go and order a bunch of reeds when they grow down on the river?

Don't know if anyone has said this already, but pull it apart and lube up all the bearings, including the swingarm pivot. Very good find!

Wow! That's a clean machine! :thumbsup:

So, as we are getting into winter, I still plan on trying to ride throughout December-Feb....Is there anything special I need to do to the bike to keep it running well in the winter and prevent damage? How often should I start it when I am not riding? About to start all the research on this, but just thought I would ask....It does not get crazy cold here in the NC/SC area...Usually hangs around 20-40 degrees throughout the winter. 

7 hours ago, Taylor Robinson said:

So, as we are getting into winter, I still plan on trying to ride throughout December-Feb....Is there anything special I need to do to the bike to keep it running well in the winter and prevent damage? How often should I start it when I am not riding? About to start all the research on this, but just thought I would ask....It does not get crazy cold here in the NC/SC area...Usually hangs around 20-40 degrees throughout the winter. 

You may have to jet it richer, depending on how different it is from your usual riding circumstances.

Nice find! That bike has zero hours on it!

Wow, what a find! You made out great.

 

I think all I would do is lube all of the bearings and pivot points, check all the bolts and nuts, change the oil, clean the filter and ride it a while. 

You can do a compression check on the cylinder. Then go from there.

Congratulations!

Edited by dmrogers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now