NEW BIKEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Well guys, I officially pulled the trigger!!!! I have been looking for a bike non stop on craigslist for about a year now....I just CANT justify spending 7k on a brand new machine. About 3 months ago I bought a project bike for 500 bucks and realized it was gonna cost way more to fix it than the bake was worth...it was a 2001 Yz125.....so I resold it, didn't lose any money on it, and kept looking....Well  last week, I FOUND A GEM THAT I JUST COULDN'T PASS UP!!!!Went and picked this puppy up today for 3,500.00 bucks. 2015 Yz125. Dad bought it for his kid 2 years ago, who rode it for 6 months around his neighborhood, broke his wrist, and then never touched it again. Has about 40-50 hours on it I was told. What do you guys think?????? 

IMG_5119.JPG

IMG_5122.JPG

IMG_5123.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

Edited by Taylor Robinson
  • Like 13

48 minutes ago, Taylor Robinson said:

Well guys, I officially pulled the trigger!!!! I have been looking for a bike non stop on craigslist for about a year now....I just CANT justify spending 7k on a brand new machine. About 3 months ago I bought a project bike for 500 bucks and realized it was gonna cost way more to fix it than the bake was worth...it was a 2001 Yz125.....so I resold it, didn't lose any money on it, and kept looking....Well  last week, I FOUND A GEM THAT I JUST COULDN'T PASS UP!!!!Went and picked this puppy up today for 3,500.00 bucks. 2015 Yz125. Dad bought it for his kid 2 years ago, who rode it for 6 months around his neighborhood, broke his wrist, and then never touched it again. Has about 40-50 hours on it I was told. What do you guys think?????? 

Ya IMO looks barely ridden and VERY NICE ? and unless there was an hour meter on since new, you will not know exactly how many engine hours. With that said, install one (cus its easy to way over estimate engine hours) then start a log book and record ride hours, maintenance etc and you could probably ride it for 2 years and sell it for $3500 ?

• Like 1

You made out like a bandit, nice find!

If it really was used to just putt around, and they said it has 40-50 hours, it might be true - some kids don't even wear boots riding around the neighborhood, hence almost no case or frame wear. I'd consider a top end after I rode it 3-4 times, if it was my bike. It's only like $140 all in, takes an hour, and it's good peace of mind - plus it lets you really see the condition of everything. I put a fresh piston and rings in any 2 stroke I buy (usually after riding a few times and getting rid of those new bike jitters), unless I have proof it got a new top end before being sold.

Have fun with the new bike, you made a great choice 06+ yz125s are the most fun bike ever imho, they really teach you to ride too.

On 16/11/2017 at 5:13 PM, William1 said:

Good bike! I'd do the fluids., service the suspension, clean the power valve, pipe  and re-ring it, it will be like new. It certainly looks like you made the right choices unloading the project and looking for a great runner!

Ya and IMO the key thing was being smart enough to ditch the PROJECT bike cus it almost like karma ?

• Like 2

So, as we are getting into winter, I still plan on trying to ride throughout December-Feb....Is there anything special I need to do to the bike to keep it running well in the winter and prevent damage? How often should I start it when I am not riding? About to start all the research on this, but just thought I would ask....It does not get crazy cold here in the NC/SC area...Usually hangs around 20-40 degrees throughout the winter. 

7 hours ago, Taylor Robinson said:

So, as we are getting into winter, I still plan on trying to ride throughout December-Feb....Is there anything special I need to do to the bike to keep it running well in the winter and prevent damage? How often should I start it when I am not riding? About to start all the research on this, but just thought I would ask....It does not get crazy cold here in the NC/SC area...Usually hangs around 20-40 degrees throughout the winter. 

You may have to jet it richer, depending on how different it is from your usual riding circumstances.

Nice find! That bike has zero hours on it!

Wow, what a find! You made out great.

I think all I would do is lube all of the bearings and pivot points, check all the bolts and nuts, change the oil, clean the filter and ride it a while. 

You can do a compression check on the cylinder. Then go from there.

Congratulations!

Edited by dmrogers