Dakar 2018

KTM Factory Racing is READY TO RACE the 2018 Dakar Rally with Red Bull riders Sam Sunderland, Matthias Walkner, Toby Price, Antoine Meo along with Laia Sanz and Luciano Benavides. With 16 consecutive wins at one of the most notoriously tough races on the planet, KTM and the all-new 450 FACTORY RALLY machine will be battling for success when the race begins on January 6.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

Something exciting to watch in January!!

(Instead of Stupidcross)

And ironically I've always wondered how say a SuperX rider would do in a Hard Enduro or visa versa etc etc and obviously someone like Cody Webb is IMO becoming an over all great rider. I completely understand that once you get to the higher levels there is a huge commitment to a specific discipline but it would be interesting to see someone like Jarvis do a Dakar or even a SuperX race.

Anyway, looks like Andrew Short is putting on his big boy pants and doing Dakar this year. I've always thought he was a very level headed dude and sounds like he understands what he's getting into. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he and the small Husky team do and great seeing more NA dudes :)

2018husqvarnarallyteam_02.jpg?itok=U7UIx

https://www.dirtrider.com/andrew-short-is-racing-dakar-rally

• Like 7

Other than patiently waiting to see what Santa is bring me this year, I'm now getting a bit excited for the start :)

If I'm not mistaken last year we got the 1/2hr coverage nightly on Sportsnet around 10:00PM PST in Canada

Otherwise, hoping I can at least download and watch next day.

World Wide

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2018/us/tv_broadcast.html

Or Americas

USA : NBC Sports

Canada : RDS (to be confirmed), Sportsnet

Argentina : Canal 7, Canal12 Cordoba, Telefe

Brazil : Fox Sports, TV Globo, SporTV, Bandeirantes, Esporte Interativo

Bolivia : Bolivia TV, Tigo Sports, Bolivision, ATB, PAT

Colombia : Caracol TV

Paraguay : Telefuturo, Paraguay TV

Peru : TV Perù, Latina, Panamericana, ATV Movistar TV

Fox Sports Latin America (41 countries - Latin America)

Edited by filterx
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2017 at 5:52 PM, filterx said:

And ironically I've always wondered how say a SuperX rider would do in a Hard Enduro or visa versa etc etc and obviously someone like Cody Webb is IMO becoming an over all great rider. I completely understand that once you get to the higher levels there is a huge commitment to a specific discipline but it would be interesting to see someone like Jarvis do a Dakar or even a SuperX race.

Anyway, looks like Andrew Short is putting on his big boy pants and doing Dakar this year. I've always thought he was a very level headed dude and sounds like he understands what he's getting into. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he and the small Husky team do and great seeing more NA dudes :)

2018husqvarnarallyteam_02.jpg?itok=U7UIx

https://www.dirtrider.com/andrew-short-is-racing-dakar-rally

Cyril Despres has won the Romainiacs 3 times so I'm shorty will transition well too. If Shorty can stay healthy for a few years he'll be a competitor

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TX-SANDMAN said:

Sure wish ktm would mass produce the 450 rally.

IMG_0336.JPG

I don't think you'll ever see it. Cool, but very, very niche IMHO. But, if you have a 690, for 5-10k additional, there are aftermarket kits. 5k is the min, but there are lots of optional bits to the wallet allows for it. 

• Like 3

Terrible pic but this is a 2011 yamaha I spotted walking down the street in a foreign country last week. The language barrier with the sales floor staff disallowed me from sitting on the thing, but I tried.

IMG_20171212_131232413_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

Did you know every Dakar since 2000 has been won by wp suspension ? True

• Like 2