My DRZ has a ticking noise when i get on the throttle?

Hey all when i open the throttle up on the DR it makes a ticking noise ive changed oil about 300KM ago and it has the automatic timing chain adjuster so im not really sure what the noise could be.

i haven't really had my DRZ for too long so im not sure if they just have a loud engine or something but theres no issues in its performance or anything but the ticking is getting lowder slowly

Thanks

Timing might be off to where your valves are high five in your piston.
Or it’s piston slap. All my four strokes have a ticking noise which is the valves opening and closing. Totally normal unless you see you see a drop in performance.

26 minutes ago, Four square T said:

Timing might be off to where your valves are high five in your piston.
Or it’s piston slap. All my four strokes have a ticking noise which is the valves opening and closing. Totally normal unless you see you see a drop in performance.

Cool thanks for the reply if i see a drop in performance put it into the shop.

Find someone experienced and let him hear it. That "ticking" sound can be anything, really. Sounds are pretty hard to describe.

It's a loud, ticky motor. You are likely just focusing on normal valve train noise.

How many miles are on it?

There can be some cam chain noise if your is stretched or not tensioned enough. Do you have a manual cam chain tensioner? 

Even with the cam chain adjusted correctly, the engine can be pretty noisy. I have adjusted my MCCT until the cam chain noise goes away but there is still a normal tick/knock audible at idle.  It's normal.