KTM 690 Enduro R Husqvarna 701 Enduro Radiator Guards?

• 1 month later...

I have the KTM guards as well. Not bad to install, just get all the bolts in before tightening down any of them. Standard procedures stuff..

Was not impressed with had strong they looked compared to bilit aluminum ones available for dirt bikes.. 

My experience is the 690 radiators do not hit the ground at all in a crash. With extended footpegs and strong hand guards the radiator plastics have never hit either..

My 250 is much narrower and the radiator/plastics often take the main hit when you dump it over sideways.. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can't tell from the pics. What provides rigidity side-to-side? Is there a brace running side to side or?

My apologies for the late response Bryan. It’s one whole piece, which increases its overall rigidity. IMG_6555.jpgIMG_6553.jpg When I finally order mine I’ll post pics.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, ModernPopeye said:

My apologies for the late response Bryan. It’s one whole piece, which increases its overall rigidity. IMG_6555.jpgIMG_6553.jpg When I finally order mine I’ll post pics.

Does anyone see any interference with the fit of using a Flatland Racing skid plate in the same setup?

One would expect the two pieces to "play nice" together.

Also, I'm thinking this piece (the rad guard) looks more like roost protection than tipover protection.

Does anyone see any interference with the fit of using a Flatland Racing skid plate in the same setup?
Also, I'm thinking this piece (the rad guard) looks more like roost protection than tipover protection.

I think it should work together. Here’s a shot of the skid plate. I agree with roost protection but also think it would make for good side protection as well. I think I’ll email them for closer pics of the sides. IMG_6563.jpg
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:19 AM, ModernPopeye said:

This is the route I’m going. Although maybe a little over the top I like the rigidity and strength. I’d like all the protection I can get when hundreds of miles from home.

http://www.flatlandracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FR&Product_Code=12-69&Category_Code=12-ktm

IMG_6505.jpg

I'm liking these too. More than the KTM part.

Does anyone know if there is interference with the fit while using a Safari tank? Should I just ask them direct?

I'm liking these too. More than the KTM part.
Does anyone know if there is interference with the fit while using a Safari tank? Should I just ask them direct?

I shot them an email asking for better pics of them installed and asked if they interfered when both skid plate and rad guard was installed. I’d email and ask them for your specific question.

On 3/30/2018 at 6:42 PM, mebgardner said:

I don't see how they'd interfere. The header is above the skid plate and below the radiator. They are pretty far apart.

Thanks, folks. I did ask, and Scott replied that he did not know if the rad guard would interfere with the Safari fit. He was willing to let me try it.

I thanked him, and declined. I'm reading that most inmates are letting the tank act as the rad guard. Seems to work out OK, and so that's the route I'm going too. My Safari will be mounted full time, so that works for me.

I'm still thinking about case guards though. Side cases are expensive to replace, and they get bashed easy by the controls.

Any interference with install of the rad shrouds?

I’ve not yet bought and installed them. These are just pics that Flatland Racing sent me upon inquiry. I’m holding off on the rest of my parts until I get a one day a week parts job at the local cycle shop for parts discount lol.