Took a few years off, looking for new bike

Hi, ok so quick background on myself....I grew up riding from KX80s, KX100s, rm125s, crf450s. I stopped riding in 2007 and have not been in tuned with the game. Im 31 now and looking to get a bike to take to the track and possible trails from time to time. My budget is steering me towards a newer 250 (2014-2015) and I have found a few 450s in my budget. 

I think I want a Kx450f or a 250. Is there a negative to getting a 2012 450 rather than a 2015 without the obvious year difference. Is there anything I should be aware of? Would I know the difference from a 2012 to 2015? Is it worth the extra $1,500-$2,000? I know I dont need a 450 but I always enjoyed that extra power. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

You'd do just same on a 12' than a 15' I bet,  long as their  tight and haven't been beat on is more important I think anyway.  Im racing a old low hour 11' I traded for one of my old yz250s. good enough to win and holeshot :ride: welcome back:thumbsup: the new 250f are badass can ride them hard and go fast

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Motox367 said:

You'd do just same on a 12' than a 15' I bet,  long as their  tight and haven't been beat on is more important I think anyway.  Im racing a old low hour 11' I traded for one of my old yz250s. good enough to win and holeshot :ride: welcome back:thumbsup: the new 250f are badass can ride them hard and go fast

Yea I figured I would go for an older 250-450 as long as it looks to be in good shape and not abused. Im just wondering if there is anything mechanically different between 2012-2015 that would make more sense to get a newer bike. I know I am rusty and will not feel the difference riding a 2012 or 2018 haha. Thanks for your response and I cant wait to get back 

• Like 1