Xr 250 or xc-f 250

I ride an xr 200. I am 14 years old, 5’ 8” and 120 lbs. I have been looking to get another bike for awhile but I just haven’t had the time to do lots of research. My dad used to ride an xr 250 but upgraded to a ktm 450. I’m not sure if I should sell the xr 200 and ride the xr 250 or sell both of the XRs and use the money to buy a ktm 250. If you had any advice that would be appreciated.

There's a huge difference between an XR200 and a KTM 250 XC-F.  As long as you have been riding the XR200 for a while you'll be fine of the KTM and will love the power, suspension, brakes, weight, handling, etc.. The KTM is in a completely different class.

But the XR is a maintenance free tank of a bike.  You change the oil once or twice a year.  Clean the air filter once or twice a year.  Maybe hit the chain with some lube and that's it.  The KTM is a full blown race bike.   At 14 years old are you going to do all the maintenance on the KTM?  Do you have a job or will your parents help you with the costs involved?  When you crash the KTM and destroy a radiator can you afford to replace it?  Can you afford to put a skid plate, radiator guards, on the KTM?  As long as you answer yes to these, the KTM is the far superior performing bike.

Doc

• Like 1