Shock Re-valve ?

hello.....if i give you guys my shocks' valve shim stack info can you tell me how to re-valve them to my preference? i have a 1988 honda xr200 rear shock....

i have the correct spring for my weight but the stock valving seems too stiff on all aspects for enduro or woods riding......

id like it for enduro racing......it seems ok for mx right now but when i go into the woods and hit a big root or deep hole at speed it hurts and the next few days im hurting, so i gave up hitting roots and try to avoid the rough stuff.....would be fun though to plow right through that stuff with minimum pain.....

thanks joe

If you post your shim stack I'm sure you'll get many of suggestions from our forum suspension gurus.

Have you determined if the rear end is deflecting (too stiff to absorb sharp hits) or rather too soft / bottoming.

2 hours ago, mlatour said:

If you post your shim stack I'm sure you'll get many of suggestions from our forum suspension gurus.

Have you determined if the rear end is deflecting (too stiff to absorb sharp hits) or rather too soft / bottoming.

.....i feel like it is too stiff all around......could use quicker rebound and compression?........when i used the stock spring 10.7 i had to really crank down on the pre-load to get the right rear-end sag, which made for a harsh ride.....now with the right spring 15.2 i barely have any preload on it and it works fine for a vet mx track but woods riding hurts still and plus right now i have all the clickers maxed out to the softest settings and if i go any harder on either situation it makes things worse......thanks for your reply !!!!