Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×

If local MX track did this you would race more often?

What changes would it take for you to go out and race more often?    Any certain format, changes, or issues that would make you want to go race at the local track more often?

For myself one major thing that would make me want to race more often is the classes.  I would like to see less classes and more seat time at the race.  

• Like 4

More natural terrain tracks, early on there were more challenging sections - off cambers, switch backs, ledges etc. better use of available features, now the layouts are more simplistic. I realize your talking to the young rockets, Just saying it was more GP like, more interesting.

• Like 8

End sandbagging.

Return MX to GP style actual cross country style MX tracks.

Remove the ridiculous jumps (anyomne ridden off road anywhere but a track and seen or hit a modern MX track jump?)

Return to 45 minute motos.

• Like 13

Another vote for more natural terrain. Here it's "jump". Jump, jump, jump, jump into the corner, jump out of the corner, jump, jump, rhythm section, jump onto the short straight, jump off the straight, jump in and out of some more corners, double, table top, triple, jump, jump. Half or more of the lap is done in the air.

There is one track here that is more on the ground, but it's only open 4-5 times per year. The other couple are just one jump after another.. I stick to woods..

• Like 7

Just now, William1 said:

Return to 45 minute motos.

Are you mad???? :goofy:

I'm not sure what you guys run, club days here are 10mins + 1 lap. Even that's a struggle now, but back when I was younger, 30+ a lap was good.

Oh yeh, I'd go more often if the tracks here were open more....:thumbsup:

Edited by DEATH_INC.
  • Like 2

Idk about you guys, but I feel more sketchy going into a turn that is rutted out and has huge breaking bumps than most jumps that are at tracks. I don't think it is a safety reason that people want less jumps to be honest..

Idk about you guys, but I feel more sketchy going into a turn that is rutted out and has huge breaking bumps than most jumps that are at tracks. I don't think it is a safety reason that people want less jumps to be honest..

Why else would people want less jumps? I work a blue collar job, if I break a femur or something I'll be on disability insurance at 66% of my take home and my work will replace me if I'm not cleared in 6 months. If I worked a desk job I wouldn't worry about big double. I'm not afraid to die, im afraid of poverty lol.
  • Like 18

Why else would people want less jumps? I work a blue collar job, if I break a femur or something I'll be on disability insurance at 66% of my take home and my work will replace me if I'm not cleared in 6 months. If I worked a desk job I wouldn't worry about big double. I'm not afraid to die, im afraid of poverty lol.

I get you. I see most people getting injured from rutted, whooped out fast sections that jumps. I think it just sticks in someone's mind because it is more spectacular when someone goes down over some huge jump than when they go down in a turn. Some jumps are ridiculous, but around here on the pan handle in FL most tracks seem pretty good about it.
  • Like 1

I get you. I see most people getting injured from rutted, whooped out fast sections that jumps. I think it just sticks in someone's mind because it is more spectacular when someone goes down over some huge jump than when they go down in a turn. Some jumps are ridiculous, but around here on the pan handle in FL most tracks seem pretty good about it.

Gotcha. Last time out I saw one broken arm when a faster rider hit a blind step up and landed on a slow guy on the back side and a bad crash by a really fast girl in the rhythm section. I feel a lot safer in the rough stuff than in the air, I'm 240lbs in my gear, I stay pretty planted lol.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, gscx said:

You might think. But in our injury poll jumps was the most common injury for track riders, both in terms of frequency and way higher than everything else in severity.

• Like 2

local mx needs less classes and more track time with less severe tracks, that may offset the prices that are a bit up there.  It is no big wonder why mx is shrinking while off road racing is increasing in participation.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, HeavyRotation said:

Hey bro after that 6 months you get unemployment and a career change its a win win. :applause:

Weekly 2 stroke races with a pot would prolly drag me out of the woods...

Edited by Smokey-McCringleberry
  • Like 3

I think it is interesting to see how many people want more of a natural terrain and less big jumps!   Maybe track owners should notice these comments.  Its pretty good info.   I agree less classes, more natural motocross tracks, and less big jumps.   

• Like 3

Id like to see higher payouts for vet A classes and give stuff away to amateurs. Although won't happen with turnouts now.  I remember when use to win gear,goggles,gloves,coats gift certificates . one series here gave either a 85 or 125 away at every round. Tracks dont really bother me much just when their one lined and have to rely on a start.  There's actually couple natural terrain type tracks here . Unadilla although there's jumps now and last track I raced at called Cato "The fast track" they call it. It definitely was 4th pinned off couple flyers there. But was fun for sure.  Home track just up road called Broometioga and hurricane hills just down in pa use to keep track points for every class and have a really cool awards banquet. I've been top 3 in 125 250b and won multiple +25b track tittles.  Tony D and jammer even there one year got this poster signed to my daughter was 2 then.  and signed this award for high points veteran I won that year front +25. 

1117171014.jpg

1117171016.jpg

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, DEATH_INC. said:

Are you mad???? :goofy:

I'm not sure what you guys run, club days here are 10mins + 1 lap. Even that's a struggle now, but back when I was younger, 30+ a lap was good.

Oh yeh, I'd go more often if the tracks here were open more....:thumbsup:

As an offroad rider with good endurance, I'd like 45 minute motos for racing...it would level out the playing field somewhat for me. 

3 hours ago, gscx said:

Ruts and whoops don't scare me, I see plenty of those offroad with a lot less line choices. I don't ride moto enough to truly get comfortable with big jumps.

• Like 3

Definitely less classes with longer motos. Our local is 4 laps which works out to about 9 minute motos and that is PATHETIC. I'd rather them ax one of the 4 250/college/beginner bullshit classes for an 8 lap moto. Plus gates would be much fuller. 

I love me some big booters too. 

• Like 2

The thing is, our series regulated by a National association, which they use for their track insurance. So the national series mandates the classes which are very blanket as I'm sure our population of 100000 has less riders that the GTA with millions and millions of people. 

3 hours ago, Motox367 said:

Id like to see higher payouts for vet A classes and give stuff away to amateurs. Although won't happen with turnouts now.  I remember when use to win gear,goggles,gloves,coats gift certificates . one series here gave either a 85 or 125 away at every round. Tracks dont really bother me much just when their one lined and have to rely on a start.  There's actually couple natural terrain type tracks here . Unadilla although there's jumps now and last track I raced at called Cato "The fast track" they call it. It definitely was 4th pinned off couple flyers there. But was fun for sure.  Home track just up road called Broometioga and hurricane hills just down in pa use to keep track points for every class and have a really cool awards banquet. I've been top 3 in 125 250b and won multiple +25b track tittles.  Tony D and jammer even there one year got this poster signed to my daughter was 2 then.  and signed this award for high points veteran I won that year front +25. 

1117171014.jpg

1117171016.jpg

I don't mind the jumping but at least gimme a clean LZ, The goofy timing sections and jumping into corners could be reduced.

• Like 1

Less AMA dreaming/“I gotta get to Loretta Lynns in the 250C class because I’m gonna be a pro” (at 20+ years old)....

The more laps/racing for the $ is a reason I moved away from riding MX/SX into racing GP’s/Hare & Hounds and other off-road events

• Like 3