Brand new oem tank damaged

i ordered this new oem tank to replace my wrecked one. it has this damaged area that i see so far. the oem cardboard box it came in was not well padded, or was dropped by some dude. tough decision. would you accept it (touch up the area and call it good) - or return it for a full refund?

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

box2.jpg

I would not accept a new tank that had damage on the seam, unless I had to have it to ride out of Death Valley, before noon.

Looks like Undelivered, Pilfered or Smashed got ahold of that one!

File a claim PRONTO! :smirk:

Edited by Bermudacat
  • Like 5

i did that, but after i messaged them, the dude updated the price for it to nearly double and said an exchange would not be possible for that reason. is that even legal? he offered a partial or full refund(if returned)

Edited by Jonas Alaska
  • Like 1

Then you get the doubled price refund too. Sorry this happened try to reason with seller. From package it looks like their fault not carrier. Post up seller and the lost business/reputation taking a hit, will cost them more than a tank.

the pictured suzuki oem box was put inside 4 larger sized boxes, with lots of packing material inside each. the parcel is like twice the size, probably weighs more than the tank itself. the outermost box is in good condition.

It's the inside box that tank has almost cut through. So not carrier damaged. It was damaged before shipped in the other boxes. Or seller has take off tanks (dealer) and placing them in the replacement tank boxes.

• Like 1

it's one of those oem spares sites with a vast array of oem parts for all the makes/models. they did a pretty good job at finding the tank tho, i was expecting it to be unavailable since its a 2007 part. hopefully there are still more left

If the guy will not refund your money (he does not have to replace it but should pay all shipping costs) then file a dispute with your credit card company.

This also why when you shop price as the main criteria, you can expect that to be a reason. Sometimes you get bad parts, damaged parts and an unpleasant experience. Not always but that is a 'cost' you bear for trying to save a buck.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, figagent said:

I would not accept a damage NIB item. I would exhaust all possible resolutions first.

Some places do sell 'scratch and dent' and advertise as such. Though if that is not mentioned in the ad, I expect an as new item.

Scam going there by vendor; hopefully you paid by credit card and can stop payment or contest payment.  Damage at seam is the real issue, not paint.

Who did you buy it from?

I can't give the name before the issue is resolved, that's bad karma. But it's a popular shop for genuine japanese oem parts. all parts they offer are in new, unused condition

Edited by Jonas Alaska
  • Like 1

I would like to know who you purchased it from so I don't give them my business. And to be perfectly clear, was it shipped to your house or the dealer and picked up?

16 hours ago, Jonas Alaska said:

I can't give the name before the issue is resolved, that's bad karma. But it's a popular shop for genuine japanese oem parts. all parts they offer are in new, unused condition

it isn't bad karma, it's crappy business practice 0n their part. they knew damn well it was damaged when they sent it

that's on them

• Like 1

I'd be pissed too, unfortunately life ain't fair. Touch it up & live with it. Won't be worth the hassle trying to replace/refund.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 11:36 AM, 74jimbo said:

it isn't bad karma, it's crappy business practice 0n their part. they knew damn well it was damaged when they sent it

that's on them

I think a key point that is missed here is the seller was a cut rate outfit. To sell cheaply, something has to give. Based on what little we know, if the seller will refund full purchase price (no refund for shipping expenses), I'd be surprised.