is 2006 yz250 a good choice for enduro and MX

I have never ridden 2t dirt-bike , i start my dirt bike adventure this year with a 4t yz450 and i love this sport. now am interested to test 2t cross and want to use it for enduro and MX. are this bikes ( yz250) good for both enduro and MX use !? i heard that yz250 is the same from 2006 up to 2016 and have no change . what about honda cr250r !? which year and model of this two brand worth owning !?

It seems like the 2005-present YZ250's are the most popular and affordable mx/endure bikes for amateurs.  You can also make KX, CR, and RMs dual purpose as well, just research to make sure they have broad power bands.

It seems like the 2005-present YZ250's are the most popular and affordable mx/endure bikes for amateurs.  You can also make KX, CR, and RMs dual purpose as well, just research to make sure they have broad power bands.

I heard KX have the shortest power band compare to yz and cr

06 first year of SSS suspension, second year of aluminum frame. A rigid frame and bike best suited for MX. 

Edited by 2 STOKE YZ DOC

Nice . Tanx for info .

All the other Japanese 2 strokes are 10+ years old.

Yamaha still makes essentially the same bike as they did in 06. This means you can easily get OE parts, there are a ton of aftermarket parts and even a lot of used parts available.

Plus it is still an awesome all around bike.

Thats an important factor . If you can get new OEM part rather than used one. I guess that in 2strock series yama ha is more reliable compare to other brands !? Or maybe i am wrong !?

I use a 05 YZ250 (with 06 SSS forks) for Enduro and it work well. There are plenty of aftermarket "Enduro" parts for the YZ250, large gas tank, flywheel weight, skid plate, radiator guards.... The best and cheapest thing I did to the YZ for Enduro was install a Suzuki needle in the carb. NECJ and retarded the timing.

Suzuki needle part number 13383-37FE0 $11.54  setting the timing is free!

Good Luck!

I use a 05 YZ250 (with 06 SSS forks) for Enduro and it work well. There are plenty of aftermarket "Enduro" parts for the YZ250, large gas tank, flywheel weight, skid plate, radiator guards.... The best and cheapest thing I did to the YZ for Enduro was install a Suzuki needle in the carb. NECJ and retarded the timing.
Suzuki needle part number 13383-37FE0 $11.54  setting the timing is free!
Good Luck!

Tanx and hope you are enjoying your YZ ;)

I ride an enduro series and some harescrambles with my 06 yz250. It is an extremely versatile machine.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

18 hours ago, zeke383 said:

I ride an enduro series and some harescrambles with my 06 yz250. It is an extremely versatile machine.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

your bike look awesome .

found this video on you tube .. absolutely gorgeous 

6 minutes ago, aminem said:

found this video on you tube .. absolutely gorgeous 

Nice color scheme.

Better get a case saver on that thing before the ride. Very expensive mistake to not run one. 

20 minutes ago, 2 STOKE YZ DOC said:

Nice color scheme.

Better get a case saver on that thing before the ride. Very expensive mistake to not run one. 

hope he dose :D

I use my 06 for enduro and trail riding and only hit a mx track once or twice a year.

I have suspension work(I'm heavy and need to do this to every bike made), a flywheel weight, hand guards, a big tank and a skid plate for mods, other than the flywheel weight my motors 100% stock and I like it just fine. 

11 minutes ago, biglake said:

I use my 06 for enduro and trail riding and only hit a mx track once or twice a year.

I have suspension work(I'm heavy and need to do this to every bike made), a flywheel weight, hand guards, a big tank and a skid plate for mods, other than the flywheel weight my motors 100% stock and I like it just fine. 

seems interesting that many riders use yz250 2t for enduro . my first thought was that : 250 2t can have so much power that rider avoiding them . 

4 minutes ago, aminem said:

seems interesting that many riders use yz250 2t for enduro . my first thought was that : 250 2t can have so much power that rider avoiding them . 

Put a 13oz FWW, and Rekluse on it and it becomes a tractor. 

I think of 2 strokes as bipolar, at low rpm off the pipe they lug and are hard to stall but at high rpm they rip and go like hell. This makes them both easy to ride and fast, it just depends on how much you rev it up.

The 2 stroke mx bikes from the 80's and 90's gave 2 strokes a bad name as they were hard hitting hard to ride on/off switches, the 2000 and up ones are pretty easy to ride for the most part. 

1 minute ago, 2 STOKE YZ DOC said:

Put a 13oz FWW, and Rekluse on it and it becomes a tractor. 

good . any adjustment to power valve !?  

3 minutes ago, biglake said:

I think of 2 strokes as bipolar, at low rpm off the pipe they lug and are hard to stall but at high rpm they rip and go like hell. This makes them both easy to ride and fast, it just depends on how much you rev it up.

The 2 stroke mx bikes from the 80's and 90's gave 2 strokes a bad name as they were hard hitting hard to ride on/off switches, the 2000 and up ones are pretty easy to ride for the most part. 

i heard it as well , maybe thats why many rider prefer 4 strokes insted of 2t . mx 250 2t are beast that are not easy for everyone to handle .