Need help ASAP

So someone stripped the bleeder screw and I can not get this thing off. It got stripped a few days ago and I got a new screw and I can’t get it off I have tried pliers hammering a smaller size and it will not come off! I don’t think it’s rusted just the person who tightened it did it way to tight.

image.jpg

So someone stripped the bleeder screw and I can not get this thing off. It got stripped a few days ago and I got a new screw and I can’t get it off I have tried pliers hammering a smaller size and it will not come off! I don’t think it’s rusted just the person who tightened it did it way to tight.

image.thumb.jpg.a25117c348c3402f7037fe40445bf2d0.jpg

What about an easy out socket for small bolts?3/16 or 1/4? It'd fak the screw, but it sounds FUBAR'd already.

https://m.autozone.com/herramientas-de-especialidad/extractor-de-pernos/irwin-5-pcs-bolt-grip-base-set/532381_0_0/?cmpid=PS:3:3:1&s_kwcid=AL!5142!3!193251454013!!!g!333813344764!&ef_id=WLIdvAAABHMkxjEG:20171119005934:s

Vise grips.... may have to take the wheel off for better access.

try a heat gun over the area not over the screw. at the same time softly hit the screw to make it loose. if you don't have a heat gun use a hair dryer, be aware your wife is not around.

• Like 1

Remove wheel

Heat with heat gun or Hair dryer.

Attach Visegrips

Hit Visegrips at the end of the handle with a hammer untill it breaks loose.

(May not need hammer)

Wack the bleeder a few times with a hammer straight down. Then put vice grips or a small pipe wrench on it.

I had the same problem on my ktm 300. I searched youtube for how to remove stuck bleeder from brake caliper and found several videos showing how to heat it with a blowtorch and then blast it with a spray lube of your preference a few times in a cycle. I did that. My bleeder came right out. DO NOT &%$#@! it up with easy outs and vice grips before watching the videos. You'll only make it harder on yourself and potentially ruin the entire caliper. Go watch the videos and follow the instructions.

I like nikmell and soanz options, when a bleeder is locked, the steel bleeder in the aluminum caliper has endured elements or pressure washing without bleeder activity, a simple tap with an aluminum block over the bleeder screw with a light  hammer, on the block will break the alum/steel co-fusion to allow activity. it gets worse, if it dosent, might be a complete caliper replacement. ive saved everyone ive attempted, I also save the replacement bleeder screws for future saves, good luck!

• Like 1

You can also file both sides flat (don't over do it though) which will give your vise grips (best choice at this point) a better surface to grip to.

• Like 1