Washing gear bag?

I have this gear i found among the other miles of junk i have lol. I want to start using it again because its a good bag with like 2 holes in it so its good enough to hold my gear besides boots in. Anyways, i took it to a self car wash and soaked it down (along with my boots) with fabric cleaner and freshener and detergent. I let it dry a few days and its fully dry but smells like a dirty locker room filled with old people.... anyways it still stinks and isnt clean (still dirty looking from being stuffed in the pile of junk.

Need tips to clean it up to make it look nice to be able to use it again. Thanks!

Have some old soft saddle bags like that. Tried a bunch of stuff to no avail.  Think it's the plastic or rubber itself deteriorating not something that can be washed away or disinfected.

Bathtub full hot water and plenty of soap maybe even some laundry soap. Work the soap into the thing and give it a good long soak and a couple rinses. Worked well for me for gear that got left muddy dirty and pack away for months.

Bathtub full hot water and plenty of soap maybe even some laundry soap. Work the soap into the thing and give it a good long soak and a couple rinses. Worked well for me for gear that got left muddy dirty and pack away for months.

When i washed it the 1st time i did that. I rubbed the soap in really good for like 15 minutes with a soft bristle brush and fabric cleaner and odor remover stuff. Still nothing worked