2009 rmz 250 bored out to 290 need some help!!

I have an 07 kx250f for sale pretty much stock and someone wants to trade me a 2009 rmz 250 bored out to 290. Has Athena big bore kit rebuilt 13 hours ago. Has too much power for the kid. Clean bike pro taper handlebars powerbomb header and breakaway levers. Lot of aftermarket stuff. Was wondering if I should take this on a trade to sell for more?? I have no clue the value on something like this. Need help!! Post your opinions. Thanks a lot!!!

depends on your skill level and what your wanting out of the bike. Big bore will let you be lazy and the power will be at the ready. I honestly prefer a stock 250 over a big bore, i just feel its more adaptable. As far as trading or selling, i have known people to run from a big bore bike especially if they dont know have the paperwork of who built the motor. Maybe its just where i ride but i dont know anyone who runs a big bore 250F.

5 minutes ago, Samwise637 said:

depends on your skill level and what your wanting out of the bike. Big bore will let you be lazy and the power will be at the ready. I honestly prefer a stock 250 over a big bore, i just feel its more adaptable. As far as trading or selling, i have known people to run from a big bore bike especially if they dont know have the paperwork of who built the motor. Maybe its just where i ride but i dont know anyone who runs a big bore 250F.

My bike is posted for 2300 do you think I could get more for that? 

Honestly i doubt it. Where i live 2300 could get you a 250F that is a 2010 model or even newer. so i would say 2300 would be the ceiling price for your bike

13 minutes ago, Samwise637 said:

depends on your skill level and what your wanting out of the bike. Big bore will let you be lazy and the power will be at the ready. I honestly prefer a stock 250 over a big bore, i just feel its more adaptable. As far as trading or selling, i have known people to run from a big bore bike especially if they dont know have the paperwork of who built the motor. Maybe its just where i ride but i dont know anyone who runs a big bore 250F.

 

2 minutes ago, Samwise637 said:

Honestly i doubt it. Where i live 2300 could get you a 250F that is a 2010 model or even newer. so i would say 2300 would be the ceiling price for your bike

You think I could get more for the rmz?

Again i doubt it, i can see anybody buying a '09 bike even with all the goodies for anything less than 2500. people can buy a much newer bike or even a 2 stoke which seems to be the big trend. Also RMZ bikes dont really hold their value since they havent changed a whole lot since 2011. 

I'd avoid the trade if the only goal is to sell his instead of yours. Not worth the risk for a couple hundred bucks. Do you have sales tax or transfer tax? That usually voids any potential profit.

17 hours ago, Samwise637 said:

Again i doubt it, i can see anybody buying a '09 bike even with all the goodies for anything less than 2500. people can buy a much newer bike or even a 2 stoke which seems to be the big trend. Also RMZ bikes dont really hold their value since they havent changed a whole lot since 2011. 

Hey I appreciate the advice. I’ll just hold on to my kx250f. Thank you sir!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now