Wheel hub for what?

I bought a tire yesterday and the guy who had the tire before gave me this wheel. However, I can't find what that wheel hub is going on any idea?

23632455_828665007306586_3196473693640571186_o.jpg

The garbage?

Buit seriously, that hub looks like hell, the spokes all corroded. I be the nipples are all frozen and rim from what I can see, not so good. In ay case, what are the dimensions stamped in the rim? That might narrow it down (small bike, big bike). I'd also guess it was a dual sport as that white plastic looks like a speedo drive on the Disk side (another hint). Any numbers or anything on the hub?

58 minutes ago, William1 said:

The garbage?

Buit seriously, that hub looks like hell, the spokes all corroded. I be the nipples are all frozen and rim from what I can see, not so good. In ay case, what are the dimensions stamped in the rim? That might narrow it down (small bike, big bike). I'd also guess it was a dual sport as that white plastic looks like a speedo drive on the Disk side (another hint). Any numbers or anything on the hub?

Yep it definitely looks bad but I got a brand new tire for 30 bucks so I don't really mind. That's a 21" front tire 

30 minutes ago, jackstrap said:

Yep it definitely looks bad but I got a brand new tire for 30 bucks so I don't really mind. That's a 21" front tire 

Got you, hopefully the tire was not too old and 'hard'. 

So it is a 21" rim, what is the width of the rim (not tire)? 1.85?

Looks like a 1.85 to me

But for the tire it doesn't seem too old it's been mounted on a bike wheel but sure is it's got less
Than 5 hours of use anyway for 30 bucks I think it's worth to give a try on my cr250 also that's a front tire it should have less stress on it than the rear one.

13 minutes ago, jackstrap said:

But for the tire it doesn't seem too old it's been mounted on a bike wheel but sure is it's got less
Than 5 hours of use anyway for 30 bucks I think it's worth to give a try on my cr250 also that's a front tire it should have less stress on it than the rear one.

Tires have a date code.

Tires have a date code.

That's a 2016 tire.

Sure looks like a front hub for a RMX250

I think they quit putting the plastic cover on them around 1996 so it would be  from an 89 to 95 RMX

34 minutes ago, mxwiz said:

Sure looks like a front hub for a RMX250

I think they quit putting the plastic cover on them around 1996 so it would be  from an 89 to 95 RMX

I think you could be onto something there. this ones off a 94 rmx250

should have 05D00 stamped on it somewhere if it is stamped

that cap was used on rmx250 89-96 + also used on rm125 & 250 89-95

speedo drive is opposite side

Is it worth anything or do I make a clock with it and hang it on the wall?