Tusk gas cap vent line

I have a Tusk gas cap on my Clarke tank. Vent lines won't stay on it. Yesterday I lost it and I need to replace it with something secure. Any ideas?

The spigot is recessed in the cap, so a hose clamp is out. I can't really get safety wire or a zip tie in there. I have tried a little adhesive; maybe I need to try a lot.

Pic of a long-lost vent line on the Tusk cap.

IMG_20161022_130440139-X2.jpg

Put grip wire on before you slide it all the way down to tighten it up. Otherwise call RMATV and see if they have a specific line for it. 

• Like 1

I had a hard time keeping hoses on my gas caps too so I tried heating up the hose end before pushing it down as far as I could. That seems to be working so far.

Those lines tend to be a little stiff. Pair that with the abrupt angle due to your steering stabilizer and it probably gives a little too much front to back tension, helping it come loose. if it was me, I would use a stubby cap vent...you know, those ones that are like 2-1/2" tall with the vent cap on top.

7 hours ago, zeke383 said:

Those lines tend to be a little stiff. Pair that with the abrupt angle due to your steering stabilizer and it probably gives a little too much front to back tension, helping it come loose. if it was me, I would use a stubby cap vent...you know, those ones that are like 2-1/2" tall with the vent cap on top.

Luckily they are like 4.99 at CycleGear. I was running them for a long time. Or was it, I lost them every ride, so I was buying them for a long time? 

I stopped and like you said, made the angle of the loop wider. 

Edited by 2 STOKE YZ DOC

replace the first section of line with silicone, rather than vinyl or PVC.  CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN the nipple and the hose ID then slide it on.  Once it 'grips' it's be very difficult to break free.  But if there is ANY oil/gas on the surfaces, it'll slide off constantly...

4 hours ago, bikedude987 said:

replace the first section of line with silicone, rather than vinyl or PVC.  CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN the nipple and the hose ID then slide it on.  Once it 'grips' it's be very difficult to break free.  But if there is ANY oil/gas on the surfaces, it'll slide off constantly...

You said... :smirk:

take a small piece of line, say a quarter inch or so and stretch that over the existing line that slides over the vent/nipple, that little bit of extra tension holds the line pretty well. Old skool trick.