I'm back! Just rode the X for the first time since . . .

September 4th!

Got a bad knee injury back on September 8th. Happened at work. Put me out of commission. Boy am I out of shape!!!!!

We were moving our office to another city and in addition to getting a new network setup from scratch, I was packing and moving. We basically have a small staff of old people and they were working the crap out of us. Took a while to get the old knee healed up. Mostly been away from the forums for that time span. Focused on other things.

About a week ago, I tried kicking it to life (with a good knee brace and my boots). After a few days, rode around the house slowly. 

So, I figured it was time to suit up and hit some trails. Didn't ride long, and fell once. Man, I'm out of shape. 

I really haven't had much time to exercise or get back in shape, been working to get everything running at the new facility. But man was it fun riding the trails. Me and my wife are planning to do a little trail riding at one of our favorite spots after Thanksgiving.

Folks, don't take your health for granted! Oh, and remember to wear your gear when riding. Even though I got hurt at work, it has made me realize just how important it is to protect your body. Remember, you only get one, take care of it!

2 minutes ago, dmrogers said:

September 4th!

Got a bad knee injury back on September 8th. Happened at work. Put me out of commission. Boy am I out of shape!!!!!

We were moving our office to another city and in addition to getting a new network setup from scratch, I was packing and moving. We basically have a small staff of old people and they were working the crap out of us. Took a while to get the old knee healed up. Mostly been away from the forums for that time span. Focused on other things.

About a week ago, I tried kicking it to life (with a good knee brace and my boots). After a few days, rode around the house slowly. 

So, I figured it was time to suit up and hit some trails. Didn't ride long, and fell once. Man, I'm out of shape. 

I really haven't had much time to exercise or get back in shape, been working to get everything running at the new facility. But man was it fun riding the trails. Me and my wife are planning to do a little trail riding at one of our favorite spots after Thanksgiving.

Folks, don't take your health for granted! Oh, and remember to wear your gear when riding. Even though I got hurt at work, it has made me realize just how important it is to protect your body. Remember, you only get one, take care of it!

Boy man :smirk:

I can say the same but I find that round, is a shape also.

I'm not out To prove anything on a dirt bike other than I can safely have fun. 

Edited by Charles De Mar
5 hours ago, Charles De Mar said:

I'm not out To prove anything on a dirt bike other than I can safely have fun. 

That's where I've been for about the past ten years, but this injury was a major sideline for me. It was just cooling off a bit (we've had a brutal summer) that I could start riding some. Then the injury. And I just got the YZX this year, so I was having a blast!

Sounds like this work crap is bad for your health. You should give it up and ride more!

On 11/20/2017 at 6:22 PM, zeke383 said:

Sounds like this work crap is bad for your health. You should give it up and ride more!

That's in my plans. Looking at about 4 - 6 months more, then hanging it up. Got a lot of riding and projects to catch up on!

:thumbsup:

Im glad your healing up mr dmrogers.Whats a yz 250 x otd any way im kind of interested in one.Just havent decided if i go dual sport or not since i live in nj.Not anywhere legal to ride a yz mx bike here

11 hours ago, rebelyell said:

Im glad your healing up mr dmrogers.Whats a yz 250 x otd any way im kind of interested in one.Just havent decided if i go dual sport or not since i live in nj.Not anywhere legal to ride a yz mx bike here

I've heard all kind of prices on the X. Around this part of the country, I think they are going for close to the msrp (less fees etc....). However, when I was looking for one, they were kinda hard to find. 

I think the YZX is a great woods bike. I have had a lot of fun with it. Good linear power, great suspension, and it feels so light! So far, the only (slight) negative I have found is the smallish fuel tank. I might get a larger tank later on, but for now I can deal with it.

Thanks for replying back to me.happy holidays n new year too you dm !!