Clutch problems

Hi so 5 hours ago we put new clutch plates and springs into my kxf250 yesterday we went ridding and close to the end of the day the bike just stopped. I went to pull in the clutch and it will only go half way in. The bit where the other end of the connects to is hitting the case. The clutch still works. Could it be the pushrod?

Lean the bike over and take the cover off. Is the the pivot or mechanism inside going into the case bent/blocked. Spring come out of place? 

Edited by theBIGnaud
Spell

Disassemble the clucth and take a look at the correct assembly - note that small metal ball if it is on place and the needle bearing as well.

You say the bike stopped, are you able to move down the kick starter?

Remove all the plates and try to kick - not to start it, but to check if you can move it normally.

have you done clutch repairs in the past, I believe you placed the oil :)

Please check this video it will take a few minutes, but you could see if you have missed something:

Disassemble the clucth and take a look at the correct assembly - note that small metal ball if it is on place and the needle bearing as well.
Remove all the plates and try to kick - not to start it, but to check if you can move it normally.
have you done clutch repairs in the past, I believe you placed the oil
Please check this video it will take a few minutes, but you could see if you have missed something:

Na first time. Everything looks good and is it the right place. There is queit a lot of wear on the bit of the fibre plates that connect to the clutch basket tho. Yes kickstart does go down and bike still runs thank god. Cheers for help mate

Na first time. Everything looks good and is it the right place. There is queit a lot of wear on the bit of the fibre plates that connect to the clutch basket tho. Yes kickstart does go down and bike still runs thank god. Cheers for help mate

U wouldnt happen to be a mechanic would u?

U wouldnt happen to be a mechanic would u?

It's good to hear that the engine is OK :)

That means something went wrong with the clutch, please take a few pictures of all parts.

You can also try to use the clutch when the clucth cover is open and check if you will see something wrong - check the clutch cable as well.

Did you check the video in details and also check the assembly in details?

The video is not mine, I just found it some time ago.

Have you removed the basket for some reason (during the plate replacement) ?

It's good to hear that the engine is OK
That means something went wrong with the clutch, please take a few pictures of all parts.
You can also try to use the clutch when the clucth cover is open and check if you will see something wrong - check the clutch cable as well.
Did you check the video in details and also check the assembly in details?
The video is not mine, I just found it some time ago.
Have you removed the basket for some reason (during the plate replacement) ?

No never taked the basket off. Don't think it would be the cable as the bracket down bellow is hitting the case

8 hours ago, kickithard said:

No never taked the basket off. Don't think it would be the cable as the bracket down bellow is hitting the case

What do you mean, with the bracket bellow is hitting the case?

If your description of what is wrong is accurate, then something is out of place.  Study this diagram, open up the right side of the bike, check that every piece is in the correct place.  ... ps: have you replaced the clutch lever or chair recently?  May not be the correct one, wrong stroke.  Also, when you pull the clutch lever make sure your other fingers or guards are not under the lever ;)

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 9.02.28 AM.png

Edited by FaceDeAce

If your description of what is wrong is accurate, then something is out of place.  Study this diagram, open up the right side of the bike, check that every piece is in the correct place.  ... ps: have you replaced the clutch lever or chair recently?  May not be the correct one, wrong stroke.  Also, when you pull the clutch lever make sure your other fingers or guards are not under the lever

5a144e4658c00_ScreenShot2017-11-21at9_02_28AM.thumb.png.47a1a7296dbd8e08d66b7a6966ce8082.png

It at mechanics atm he can't tell what's wrong so far