yz250fx fuel rail

On 11/20/2017 at 0:16 PM, ckny said:

It's fine off idle. People are pussies. 

I'm with ckny, the FX is great off idle, i.e. there is no jerkiness!  Another way to put it -  crisp EFI throttle response!   Maybe these guys would rather have a carburetor bog like old generation 4 strokes so the bike has a slow throttle response ??   Too many newbies on this forum now....   Like I have said many times now, learn how to use your clutch and a crisp throttle response is welcome trait of a good EFI bike!

• Like 5

So obviously this forum belongs only to people who aren’t newbies.  I always thought it was for the sharing of info, asking advice.  Share your opinion but no reason for your remark about newbies.  BTW I’m sure the fuel injector is fine, that is obviously why yamaha’s off-road team asked this guy to develop a different injector profile.  

On 2017-11-22 at 10:45 AM, DrDirt said:

So obviously this forum belongs only to people who aren’t newbies.  I always thought it was for the sharing of info, asking advice.  Share your opinion but no reason for your remark about newbies.  BTW I’m sure the fuel injector is fine, that is obviously why yamaha’s off-road team asked this guy to develop a different injector profile.  

Because you know how all those factory teams out there run stock bikes...

On 11/24/2017 at 1:08 PM, Shredjim said:

Hey Thumper, please tell us more about the 270 kit?  How much more bark does it provide and where in the rpm curve?  Did you do anything else to the motor?

Adds noticeable bark low to mid and doesn't seem to affect top end much at all. I used to run 290 kits on the older bikes and they always hurt top end/over-rev. The only other mod I have is an FMF 4.1 slip on. Sections where the bike would not pull 3rd gear are no longer an issue. It's well worth the $500

• Like 2