Mongo134

Goldentyre GT333....... I FOUND THE TYRE. FINALLY!!!

What is it with us always trying to find the perfect tire? There are numerous threads on this forumn alone. All full of the perfect tire for summer, the perfect tire for winter, the perfect tire for desert, snot, hill climbs.......even parking lot shots (hehmm). I've run Pirelli, Dunlop, Metzler, the much loved IRC M5B and many, many others. But I found it, at least the one that works for me and the type of terrain I ride. Some months back I purchased the Goldentyre GT333 from @Jeff aka Bolt. Instantly found out that it is an absolute awesome dry weather, dusty, rock eating tire. Yeah, yeah, we all got a good chuckle out of @Riddler is Retired video of Mongo's hill climb attempt at "Mango Tango Hill" in Georgetown. Yes, yes, I have a hill climb and a beer named after me. That just makes me trust worthy......right? If you can't laugh at yourself.....then go have a beer and loosen up! Anyhoooo..... After that failed attempt, I discovered that the "magic" combo is the GT333 with Tubliss at 5psi. "Mango Tango" I was running 12psi on Tubliss......aka, DUMB!

Back to the Tyre review. I've been holding out. Ran it in dry conditions all summer but I didn't want to give it a overall review until I ran it in mud,.....real mud. Now I'm just a 46 year old guy that likes to ride dirt bikes with his buddies and occasionally do a race here and there. But like everyone else, I'm always searching for "that tire"..... It has to exist, right?  Enter Wilseyville D36 Hare Scramble. REAL MUD! Two days prior to the race it had pissed and poured all over the course. I already know how it reacts in dry conditions, now this will be the ultimate wet weather, mud conditions test. Dudes (and ladies if any are reading), this "tyre" is glue. It didn't matter what the course threw at it. Off camber, hill side in the ruts and mud....No problem. Creek crossing....no problem, Slick, snotty rocks no problem, slick tree roots, no problem, lose dug up rocky hill climbs no problem. I couldn't find a damn thing that this GT333 wouldn't hook up too EXCEPT for mud covered blacktop which lets be honest, no knobby tire hooks up on that. Knobbies and blacktop just don't mix and this isn't a dual sport tire.

Things Mongo loves:

1. Perfect match up with the Tubliss system, which I run.
  2. Soft pliable tread pattern accompanied by a very stiff sidewall.
  3. The GT333 cleans mud from it's knobbies unlike any tire I have ever ran. EVER!
  4. Grip.....Instant traction in any conditions.
  5. Long tread life. I've been running this same GT333 since summer AND IT STILL WON'T CHUNK! Which is just weird for such a soft tread!
  6. Price point.... Go through Jeff, he gets you a great deal. Under $100 for a Goldentyre is almost unheard of!
  7. All season tyre. Works in summer and winter.

Things Mongo hates:

1. Hmmm.... Nothing? Ok, it didn't hook up on muddy blacktop and I ate shit which all but ended my race or chance at a good finish. Go get yourself a GSXR if your riding blacktop!

Back in the garage, after the race. Bike is a mess but the tyre is clean and NO chunks still. Just look at the outer two rows of knobbies! 

1120171406.jpg

• Like 8

Hill climbs??? These fools need the GT333...........and get the hell outta Mongos way! They are just digging trenches. Made a lot of passes right here.

Hill Climb 2.JPG

Hill Climb.JPG

Hill Climb 3.JPG

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 4

I'm hoping I like tire too Mongo. The tires even seemed kinda light, I thought I received tires for a mini when I picked them up.

IMG_20171115_182407.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 1.21GW said:

I'm hoping I like tire too Mongo. The tires even seemed kinda light, I thought I received tires for a mini when I picked them up.

IMG_20171115_182407.jpg

Brian..... Your going to LOVE the tire!

• Like 3

Great thread, I'm just waiting for the all knowing KranDingleBerry to chime in from his low end Acer computer from his one car condo in Chatsworth has to say.  Mr. Novice seems to know everything about nothing. Lets see if he'll put his two cents in, I'm sure he'll try and say "how many drinks have you tonight had BS", trying to discredit me because that I know, he's full kaka.

New tires are nice, but nothing makes up for skill and practice.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, jnr450r said:

Great thread, I'm just waiting for the all knowing KranDingleBerry to chime in from his low end Acer computer from his one car condo in Chatsworth has to say.  Mr. Novice seems to know everything about nothing. Lets see if he'll put his two cents in, I'm sure he'll try and say "how many drinks have you tonight had BS", trying to discredit me because that I know, he's full kaka.

New tires are nice, but nothing makes up for skill and practice.

I don't know whom you speak of but I like you Junior. And I'm only half tossed at the moment. Welcome to Mongo Land. :thumbsup:

This one's on me!

1120171710.jpg

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, filterx said:

Looks like these dudes in Washington State are the new NA distributors :)

https://www.goldentyrewest.com/

Not real new.  Been almost two years now...  thats who I started with... one of their very first dealers. 

They have worked hard to build the brand.  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

I️ read some of this review. I️ noticed the riddler wasn’t there to witness this amazing riding you did. Chocolate cake is also known as hero dirt. How do we validify this complete 180 degree review.

• Like 1

That race was a lot of fun. some of those exposed roots in the deep ruts kept things interesting. That hill climb was easy the 2nd time around when no one was in the way 

What size are you running? 

Edited by OscarFox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, OscarFox said:

That race was a lot of fun. some of those exposed roots in the deep ruts kept things interesting. That hill climb was easy the 2nd time around when no one was in the way 

What size are you running? 

120/100

1 hour ago, The Anvil said:

I️ read some of this review. I️ noticed the riddler wasn’t there to witness this amazing riding you did. Chocolate cake is also known as hero dirt. How do we validify this complete 180 degree review.

Dude..... Man, myth, NorCal Legend. You just gotta roll with it home skillet. 

Didn't you hear, Riddler is Retired, he was home raking leaves.

• Like 2