Edgecombe

NCMP

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Eagle426 said:

I may have to check it out. Thanks!

I heard that the Virginia VXCS series holds a harescramble there too. Surely they do not run on 5 miles of 4 wheeler trail.

Is this single track accessible?

Yes. There is a opening for the single track to the right of motocross track.  The loops are numbered 1,2,and 3. Not many people on them. There are a few mud holes but you just go around. Where are you located. 

Edited by Edgecombe

Posted (edited)

On 5/2/2018 at 7:25 AM, Edgecombe said:

Yes. There is a opening for the single track to the right of motocross track.  The loops are numbered 1,2,and 3. Not many people on them. There are a few mud holes but you just go around. Where are you located. 

Awesome!  This is sounding more appealing.

I am in Youngsville and my brother (who rides too) is in Wake Forest.

Edited by Eagle426

1 minute ago, Eagle426 said:

Awesome!  This is sounding more appealing.

I am in Youngsville and my brother (who rides too) is in Wake Forest.

We'll probably go out there next weekend, so if y'all there stop by and we'll ride.

4 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

We'll probably go out there next weekend, so if y'all there stop by and we'll ride.

My suspension is being rebuilt right now, but I should have it back soon.

We will definitely have to get hooked up for a ride though!

1 person likes this

On 5/3/2018 at 9:54 AM, Eagle426 said:

My suspension is being rebuilt right now, but I should have it back soon.

We will definitely have to get hooked up for a ride though!

Made plans to ride NCMP this coming Saturday.  Mothers day Sunday, so that's pretty much the reason. We'll be parked at entrance of trail head. FYI.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:26 AM, Edgecombe said:

Made plans to ride NCMP this coming Saturday.  Mothers day Sunday, so that's pretty much the reason. We'll be parked at entrance of trail head. FYI.

My suspension is still getting overhauled.  Apparently the rebound adjuster on the shock is seized, so it needs some extra TLC.

How was the riding on Saturday?

34 minutes ago, Eagle426 said:

My suspension is still getting overhauled.  Apparently the rebound adjuster on the shock is seized, so it needs some extra TLC.

How was the riding on Saturday?

I was surprised it wasn't all that muddy with the rain that fell. It was good .Trying to get a good 5 mile loop started, so you can hit it . There's some hidden stuff in the back we were trying to find, which we did finally.  It was really hot and one of our older guys was feeling it. It's supposed to rain off and on this week and I need to do some maintenance on my bike, before we race up at reddy hole in Virginia Memorial weekend. Probably go back after that.

NCMP tomorrow.  Hopefully it won't be a mud hole.

Anyone coming to race the GP race on Sunday?

Mark and crew are reopening some old trail that hasnt been used in a few years that will acommodate the quads. Fast, flowy woods, almost all of the big MX track. Should make for some good racing.

1 hour ago, ss-racing said:

I’m planning on goin either the 21st or 22nd to do some practice on the MX track, be cool to ride with some of y’all 

I can only ride the weekends, so maybe down the road we can ride. You ever ride the woods? 

24 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

I can only ride the weekends, so maybe down the road we can ride. You ever ride the woods? 

too bad about the weekends, it's really quiet up there during the weekdays.  Yep, I like the woods too

Just now, ss-racing said:

too bad about the weekends, it's really quiet up there during the weekdays.  Yep, I like the woods too

On the weekends, the wood trails aren't bad. I'll give a heads up on here the next time we're heading that way.  The teenagers usually moto the most, while the older fellows like the trails. We usually get there at 10 and cookout for lunch. It's a good time. 

Hitting ncmp Sunday.  Anyone else, I'll be there by 10:30. White Tacoma. 828. Park by trail head.

1 person likes this

On 7/6/2018 at 8:53 AM, Edgecombe said:

Hitting ncmp Sunday.  Anyone else, I'll be there by 10:30. White Tacoma. 828. Park by trail head.

Edgecombe, good to hear about the Vet discount now 'cause I paid full price last weekend LOL. So more reason to go back. Did you make it out last Sunday? I got there around 1230 and was gone by 3. The trails were really nice, but truthfully seemed very short. I just followed the blue arrows and it took me like 20 mins per loop at a comfortable pace. I hit the Main and Int MX tracks too and had a blast. I'll be back at some other time, but I'm looking for a place I can ride trails for at least an hour before returning to base camp for refueling. Me and an Active Duty buddy are planning Carolina Adventure or Brushy Mountain next weekend hoping we find some long fun trails with all the works (not too crazy enduro stuff tho LOL). We also thinking about Uwharrie for another time. Any recommendations are welcomed. We're in the Bragg area.

2 minutes ago, PapoC915 said:

Edgecombe, good to hear about the Vet discount now 'cause I paid full price last weekend LOL. So more reason to go back. Did you make it out last Sunday? I got there around 1230 and was gone by 3. The trails were really nice, but truthfully seemed very short. I just followed the blue arrows and it took me like 20 mins per loop at a comfortable pace. I hit the Main and Int MX tracks too and had a blast. I'll be back at some other time, but I'm looking for a place I can ride trails for at least an hour before returning to base camp for refueling. Me and an Active Duty buddy are planning Carolina Adventure or Brushy Mountain next weekend hoping we find some long fun trails with all the works (not too crazy enduro stuff tho LOL). We also thinking about Uwharrie for another time. Any recommendations are welcomed. We're in the Bragg area.

All my buddies backed out on me , so I just rode the trail at the house. It's about the same distance as ncmp, but tighter. We went to Carolina adventure world last November.  It has about 10 miles of single track, but its spaces out. Not a good solid loop. Lots of one way double trail though. Every once in awhile you'll have someone coming the wrong way, so be careful. Brushy mountain is good , but if you go down the wrong trail, you can get over your head quickly if you don't like enduro stuff. Haven't been to uwharrie since early 90s. Its a lot of jeep trail and wide open. There are some giant hills too. Hit me up next time y'all head to ncmp. 

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

All my buddies backed out on me , so I just rode the trail at the house. It's about the same distance as ncmp, but tighter. We went to Carolina adventure world last November.  It has about 10 miles of single track, but its spaces out. Not a good solid loop. Lots of one way double trail though. Every once in awhile you'll have someone coming the wrong way, so be careful. Brushy mountain is good , but if you go down the wrong trail, you can get over your head quickly if you don't like enduro stuff. Haven't been to uwharrie since early 90s. Its a lot of jeep trail and wide open. There are some giant hills too. Hit me up next time y'all head to ncmp. 

Will do. And thanks for insight on CAW and BMMS. Will keep that in mind. 

1 person likes this