Twin pipe DRZ 400 SM - custom project ^^ Opinion ?

Hello all,

Some time ago i made double exhaust in my DRZ 400 SM, it was modifited since year and now its completly ready.  I record a movie with some explanation "how its made" and soundcheck after all - english version is in description ( i will do my best to repair it becouse my english is not too good  ) . It cost me a lot of work and time to make it good and now i want to show it to the world xD So, what you think about it ? 

• Like 5

While cool in concept and originality, poorly fit/ unbolted side panels, extra width, weight, and no additional performance is just a little too gimmicky for me.

If you used a larger header for increased performance, if the plastic actually fit and if you used smaller, shorter cans that fit behind the side panels, I think you would have something you could actually market and make money on.

It's cool, but not my cup of tea. Regardless, keep it up.

• Like 2

Hello all,
Some time ago i made double exhaust in my DRZ 400 SM, it was modifited since year and now its completly ready.  I record a movie with some explanation "how its made" and soundcheck after all - english version is in description ( i will do my best to repair it becouse my english is not too good  ) . It cost me a lot of work and time to make it good and now i want to show it to the world xD So, what you think about it ? 

BADASS !!!

Certainly admire your work, routing exhaust in the confines of a dirt bike is a real challenge.  Like the sound.  Agree with Ohio's points, but if ya gotta have twice pipes then your set up is the best I've seen to date.  Consider a larger diameter head pipe if you plan to market this exhaust.  Also have jetting recommendations for your customers, and templates for the plastic cutouts.

First off all, thanks for all coments - i really apprieciate your opinion ! 

@ohiodrz400sm

Unbolted side panel is becouse of the battery, it is to big to fit good with plastic ;< There is possibility to use smaller but more expensive battery, but i havent money for it now. The left panel is not adapted to double exhaust and thats why it is closer than the right one. 

Extra width is to avoid rub between tire and mufflers, i can buy thinner tire but dont know if it will be work so good to see a diference.

There was some another persons who had similar opinions about mufflers more behind the side panels and maybe in future i will work on it to make it better. 

I dont wanna to earn money on it, i just do it becouse i always dream about double exhaust in my DRZ SM, and do it for myself :D 

The battery is safe, i secure it with thermal blanket and check the temperature a lot of times. 

Sorry for my english, i hope you understand all i write. Best regards !

• Like 2