1994-1996 DR 350

Hello I recently got a DR 350 not completely sure of the year but I’m sure it needs a head (old one dropped a valve) any ideas on how to clean up the bore and if anyone has a spare head sitting around?IMG_6771.jpgIMG_6770.jpg

4 minutes ago, Illuminated onyx said:

JS1 DK41A 3 T 2 100204

Do you think a ball hone would clean the rust??

T21 - is 1996

yeah ball hone should clean it up depending on how deep the surface rust is - or replace the sleeve or get it bored out

any oversize markings on the piston ?

• Like 1

T21 - is 1996
yeah ball hone should clean it up depending on how deep the surface rust is - or replace the sleeve or get it bored out
any oversize markings on the piston ?

No, The Piston is pretty mangled but i think its the stock bore. Im gonna try to get a hone and hone the bore out hopefully it works. Still searching for a decently priced head..

By the time you clean up that cylinder it will be way out of spec. 1st oversized piston & fresh bore is a good start. Save your money & send the whole top end to reputable shop. Might be able to negotiate a better deal if you send in everything at once.

I don’t think that the head is hurt all that bad. It is aluminum and very easy to have repaired. If it is cracked or needs to be built back up and the chamber reshaped, it is not that difficult nor that expensive. 

Don

Any idea what the front axle torque is supposed to be on a 1996 DR350-T  (trail model, kick start only) Front axle torque, and axle block (4 little nuts).  I can't find the info anywhere except for a SE model of different year and not sure if there the same torque spec numbers as for my bike or not.