DEP Woods PipeYZ250.. Who has one?

I'm reading up on these.. Anybody have one?Can you compare it to a Gnarly or a Fatty for a YZ250 or 250X?

If it were me, I would buy either the Dr. D pipe or the TYGA pipe, both are way better than the rest IMO.

Coop39

dr.d.jpg

3.jpg

I have the thicker-gauge enduro YZ250 pipe. I don't think its called a woods but I liked it a lot better than the PC and stock pipes I tried. I ride/rode it mostly in the 'band' and am not a lugger.

OK .. bringing this thread back from the dead.. hopefully I can get some help... I bought the DEP enduro pipe.. it isn't the great fit I've reading about and it's impossible to get my FMF Q stealth to fit to my subframe when the DEP is secured to both frame mounts.. I've tried everything.. SO< my question.. Does anyone here have a DEP pipe with a FMF Q stealth that everything fits?.. I have a 2015 stock pipe and FMF gnarly and Fatty that all fit perfect.. my bike is a 02 but that shouldn't matter.. I talked to the guy at DEP(nice guy) and he said there were no other problems with the batch that my pipe came in with.. HELP!

9 hours ago, Snider said:

OK .. bringing this thread back from the dead.. hopefully I can get some help... I bought the DEP enduro pipe.. it isn't the great fit I've reading about and it's impossible to get my FMF Q stealth to fit to my subframe when the DEP is secured to both frame mounts.. I've tried everything.. SO< my question.. Does anyone here have a DEP pipe with a FMF Q stealth that everything fits?.. I have a 2015 stock pipe and FMF gnarly and Fatty that all fit perfect.. my bike is a 02 but that shouldn't matter.. I talked to the guy at DEP(nice guy) and he said there were no other problems with the batch that my pipe came in with.. HELP!

I had a DEP enduro pipe and Q stealth on my bike a few years back, I remember it all mounting up without  any issues. 

I have an 02 as well. 

I have a DEP Armored Enduro on my YZ250 with a Turbinecore 2.1. It fits just fine. 

I had to grind the flange down on my q-stealth to fit It was too long to mount to the subframe. I had to take about 3/4 of an inch off it to make it fit.  

2 hours ago, wolfgang123 said:

I had to grind the flange down on my q-stealth to fit It was too long to mount to the subframe. I had to take about 3/4 of an inch off it to make it fit.  

I had to cut 3/16" off the pipe stinger to get the correct length.. The problem with my DEP is where the silencer and pipe connect is about 7-8mm closer to the shock spring than my other pipes and it puts the silencer at a angle that cocks it up and outwards.. can't send it back cause I cut 3/16" off... $195 wall art.. DOH! I'll end up getting the torch out after my riding trip and see if I can fit it..

dep2.JPG

dep1.JPG

I had the exact same problem!!

Ended up cutting and re-welding that mount just a hair shorter after removing some material. My Q-stealth did not go on easy.. and i hate having to remove it and re-install.

4 minutes ago, wolfgang123 said:

I had the exact same problem!!

Ended up cutting and re-welding that mount just a hair shorter after removing some material. My Q-stealth did not go on easy.. and i hate having to remove it and re-install.

Did you buy yours around last thanksgiving ?

1 hour ago, Snider said:

Did you buy yours around last thanksgiving ?

It was around april of last year