Jump to content

2018 RM 250 2T IS THIS A PHOTO SHOP?

Recommended Posts

you can see the original rm frame on the swinger the frame where the kicker is is covered by black the mid pipe the blur where the old exhaust was you can see the rm frame about the expansion chamber the bottom of the engine sits below the top of the bottom frame rail. ghastly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And then you have articles pop up on the internet like this:

http://latestmxvideos.com/index.php/2017/11/26/suzuki-announces-two-new-2018-2-stroke-models/

I don't think I would know how to react if this were to really happen. I'd just be stuck in a dumbstruck awe for at least a day, but notice the pictures are the same as the op.

Edited by Metal and Dirt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Slicing-Air said:

Ya it might be photoshopped.

Is honda making a 2018 cr500/360/250/125 or no?

I think honda, or some website tried to trick us the same way as this one.

Yep 100% trickery but it's nice to see what it could be like, although if we wanted to spend the cash there are companies that will build the exact bike.

16 hours ago, Metal and Dirt said:

And then you have articles pop up on the internet like this:

http://latestmxvideos.com/index.php/2017/11/26/suzuki-announces-two-new-2018-2-stroke-models/

I don't think I would know how to react if this were to really happen. I'd just be stuck in a dumbstruck awe for at least a day, but notice the pictures are the same as the op.

 

s1200_image.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2017 at 4:10 PM, throttle violence said:

Good photo shop or good conversion? either way good looking bike!

2018-Suzuki-RM-Z450-First-Look-Motocross-Motorcycle-1-1.png

It's interesting you could go and buy a brand new 2018 Ktm or Husky 250 2t but we still drool over these instead.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, throttle violence said:

It's interesting you could go and buy a brand new 2018 Ktm or Husky 250 2t but we still drool over these instead.

Definitely, I love yellows.. RMX, RM. But I'm liking a husky now that the RMs are slowly decomposing in my thoughts. Two stroke still.. but a yellow ebike.. let me think it over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mxvideos is the biggest pos fake website. Plus, their photoshop jobs are lacking, to say the least. For example, look at the "RM 125" picture, last time I checked, the expansion chambers inlet aren't connected to the frame, they are generally installed on the cylinder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Audacious said:

Definitely, I love yellows.. RMX, RM. But I'm liking a husky now that the RMs are slowly decomposing in my thoughts. Two stroke still.. but a yellow ebike.. let me think it over.

RM 250 was my favourite bike and i have had them all.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, throttle violence said:

It's interesting you could go and buy a brand new 2018 Ktm or Husky 250 2t but we still drool over these instead.

What?  Who likes ktm and husky? :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are lots of "updated" 2t builds out there.  The kx below is a possible kit that will be available to update the looks of the last gen steel framed KX bikes.  There is also carson browns kx125 they build using a lot of his trick factory 250f stuff like the suspension.  There is a vid out there where he talks about the build and how he tried certain newer parts but went back to other parts based on feel of the bike.  The RM vid i posted above, wish there was more info on that thing.  No garage builder is going to hack up a handful of 4t frames to build a one off bike like that.  I personally don't think the perimeter AL frames are well suited for the 2t bikes, but really the only experience is with stock hondas.  maybe these high level conversions are where its at????

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:17 AM, throttle violence said:

It's interesting you could go and buy a brand new 2018 Ktm or Husky 250 2t but we still drool over these instead.

Excellent point!  Anyone wanting to know what a modern RM250 would be like only has to catch a ride on a new 250SX, or if an RMX is more towards your liking then look for a 250XC or XCW.  You'd be amazed.

As for the AL frames, I do admit that they look good and the perimeter design could have benefits but they are still heavier than steel.  After all, KTM's weight advantage isn't coming from just lighter engines, their frames save them a couple pounds too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, zig06 said:

Excellent point!  Anyone wanting to know what a modern RM250 would be like only has to catch a ride on a new 250SX, or if an RMX is more towards your liking then look for a 250XC or XCW.  You'd be amazed.

As for the AL frames, I do admit that they look good and the perimeter design could have benefits but they are still heavier than steel.  After all, KTM's weight advantage isn't coming from just lighter engines, their frames save them a couple pounds too.

Im not so sure about that one exactly.  I had an rmz 450 and my ktm 450 at the sane time.  My ktm was heavier by a snall margin( 07 rmz vs 12 ktm) but the components ktm used were so light. Factory ti pipe. Hardware etc.  The last 5 years of weight loss didnt come from the frame.  I will agree the aL frames are likely heavier but ktm does a ton of work on motor mass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...