Manual Timing Chain Tensioner Stuff

My lame excuse for posting on this thread is that I was all prepped for riding my MT-03 to Texas Sunday to pick up my new YSS shock, Triplett damper rods,  and Tokyo Mods CCT for the CRF230F when this happened yesterday.  No big deal I still have my ultra reliable Nissan Tsuru to get me to Texas.  Better to hit a tope head on than take the channel in the middle of the lanes.  Lesson learned with cast wheels.

IMG-20180424-WA0000.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tiemann1 said:

My lame excuse for posting on this thread is that I was all prepped for riding my MT-03 to Texas Sunday to pick up my new YSS shock, Triplett damper rods,  and Tokyo Mods CCT for the CRF230F when this happened yesterday.  No big deal I still have my ultra reliable Nissan Tsuru to get me to Texas.  Better to hit a tope head on than take the channel in the middle of the lanes.  Lesson learned with cast wheels.

IMG-20180424-WA0000.jpeg

Since we will never stop this thread post a picture of the Mexican Sentra tsuru that you could buy new in Mexico. Except it is a 1986 Sentra jaasssss. Just like my 2014 Nissan frontier 4x4 turbo diesel. Except they made it last in the states 2004 but only gas motor. More jaaaaa

• Like 1

Mine is the 2004 Tsuru model, the most stolen car in Mexico for the chop shops since the taxistas all drive this model.  My wife's Mexican car insurance on her Mexican plated 2011 Acura MDX is less than my lowly Tsuru.  We paid 350,000 MXN for her used Acura and 45,000 MXN for the Tsuru.  But to stay on point, neither car has the Tokyo Mods CCT.

1 hour ago, tiemann1 said:

Mine is the 2004 Tsuru model, the most stolen car in Mexico for the chop shops since the taxistas all drive this model.  My wife's Mexican car insurance on her Mexican plated 2011 Acura MDX is less than my lowly Tsuru.  We paid 350,000 MXN for her used Acura and 45,000 MXN for the Tsuru.  But to stay on point, neither car has the Tokyo Mods CCT.

We don't need stay on point about Toyko Mods so we need talk about Goofy Mexican cars and trucks we drive. I was told you can only buy the Tsuru as a Broom paddler ture or not. Post a picture. Brand new in 2014 under 8 grand US.

9 hours ago, bajatrailrider said:

We don't need stay on point about Toyko Mods so we need talk about Goofy Mexican cars and trucks we drive. I was told you can only buy the Tsuru as a Broom paddler ture or not. Post a picture. Brand new in 2014 under 8 grand US.

So...has Mexico forgiven the Top Gear guys yet?

14 hours ago, bajatrailrider said:

20180427_120756.jpg

20180427_120745.jpg

• 9 months later...
11 hours ago, sorbales said:

got one similar for my 230...took a lot of machine work to get it to fit.  and there is no true seal on the threaded bolt. and even after much mods, you will need to remove the starter to adjust the tension...

all in all, I would stay stock before putting that crap on my bike...

The one I bought for about 20 bux doesn't leak... 

And the allen wrench end is accessible with the starter motor in place...

If I am using a manual adjuster setup, I wouldnt want anything different than what I have..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, daled said:

got one similar for my 230...took a lot of machine work to get it to fit.  and there is no true seal on the threaded bolt. and even after much mods, you will need to remove the starter to adjust the tension...

all in all, I would stay stock before putting that crap on my bike...

Have to agree but since stock can blow engine get the good one 100 bucks. Lets me ride better thinking that little gremlin is ready to blow.

• Like 1

This Chinese one that I fitted to my 230 L has done over two thousand k's now. So far no leaks from the thread, which was one of the fears, and adjustment is very easy without removing the starter motor.

Another of the fears suggested was that the thread, being aluminium, might be a bit suspect, but as it's only ever in compression, I don't think that is an issue.

Overall, It's very well made. Bit blingy though. I'd prefer it black or silver. 

CRF cam <a href='https://www.thumpertalk.com/link/click/4968/' rel='nofollow' data-ipsHover-target='https://www.thumpertalk.com/index.php?app=autolink&module=links&controller=content&id=4968' data-ipsHover target='_blank' rel='noopener' data-autoLink>chain</a> tensioner.jpg

6 hours ago, mixxer said:

Not a fan of Tokyo Mods...

All made in China... The only thing "mod" is the price tag...

That guy must laugh his ass off when he checks his business ledger every day...

That's the thing. For $100, if it was made in the US, in a red state, I'd pay that, no questions. But it's a CA company importing Chinese stuff. Can't bring myself to give them money. 

Edited by sorbales