Total loss of compression, or Spark

27 minutes ago, NW_drZ said:

Damn and i thought i had a tall seat!! Didn't know they made even taller.  Bike looks great Kran!

I made that seat foam myself and had a local guy modify and install the guts racing cover. That seat is now 3/8" lower than in the picture

Edited by THE KRAN

The bike looks really nice Bill. You are really taking care of it. Wish you the best of luck with the repair and modification.

5 hours ago, ballisticexchris said:

The bike looks really nice Bill. You are really taking care of it. Wish you the best of luck with the repair and modification.

That pic is one year old, the bike is two years old.

13012753_10209687523131714_1797539009146

13043657_10209687786258292_1296127503147IMG_5936_zpsevifhiwh.jpgIMG_5914_zpsnmpoxhwy.jpgIMG_5933_zpszoy3no7f.jpgIMG_6025_zpsxauqnw8k.jpg

IMG_5841_zpsupgz17pj.jpg

Bike to be done today, I'm told.

Diamond hone, Piston, rings, wristpin, clip, valves, guides/seals, seats cut, gaskets, restore breather vent to stock loctation with 3M sealed elbow.

Cleaned and tested TB, MA sensor, AT sensor, stepper motor shaft lube. New front TB manifold and clamp.

+ the Athena GET ignition module with map switch, and Wifi tuning module and app (cell phone tuner).

Diamond hone, Piston, rings, wristpin, clip, valves, guides/seals, seats cut, gaskets, restore breather vent to stock loctation with 3M sealed elbow.
Cleaned and tested TB, MA sensor, AT sensor, stepper motor shaft lube. New front TB manifold and clamp.
+ the Athena GET ignition module with map switch, and Wifi tuning module and app (cell phone tuner).

Awesome. Can't wait to hear about the first ride out.
On 2/16/2018 at 3:31 PM, THE KRAN said:

Have you had a chance to mess with the Athena GET ignition?

1 hour ago, jmd426 said:

Have you had a chance to mess with the Athena GET ignition?

STill not done. Athena left a harness plug out of the box. Waiting.

So, I test ride the bike before taking it from the dealer after repair. New top and and valve train, new Athena ECU kit.

• hard starting (stalls during warm up), surging during warm up (eventually goes away), and terrible hanging idle.......with massive amounts of decel popping when riding.
  • The Wifi module I ordered was not there or intalled, and they did not know why (it never showed up from Athena). 
  • The engine oil was MILKY!  The oil is contaminated with water or coolant......not exactly confidenced inspiring........

Will the drama ever end ?

Man, what a bummer.  I hope you haven't paid them in full yet - that milky oil is the real concern to me, the other stuff can likely be worked out.

So, I test ride the bike before taking it from the dealer after repair. New top and and valve train, new Athena ECU kit.

• hard starting (stalls during warm up), surging during warm up (eventually goes away), and terrible hanging idle.......with massive amounts of decel popping when riding.
  • The Wifi module I ordered was not there or intalled, and they did not know why (it never showed up from Athena). 
  • The engine oil was MILKY!  The oil is contaminated with water or coolant......not exactly confidenced inspiring........

Damn, who has it now?! Total bummer.
53 minutes ago, gaortiz said:

Damn, who has it now?! Total bummer. emoji26.png

Still at Jet Powersports

On 2/24/2018 at 8:38 AM, THE KRAN said:

Man, brutal.  

Makes me wonder why don't they test ride it and make sure it runs correctly before having you come in to show them that their work is not complete?  

Sounds like its being tuned to a stand still.. 

Put the stock ecu back on. Runs GREAT.

The water evidence in the motor oil must have been a large pocket of condensation, because after several heat cycles, there is no evidence of contamination.

The Athena missing part (Wifi module) is still in Italy, and will be shipped. When it arrives I will take another stab at changing the ECU.

.....but for now I get to RIDE THE DANG THING!  

images (7).jpg

Can it be tuned without WiFi, via hardwire CAN?  Just sounds like a very lean default map.

1 hour ago, GP said:

Can it be tuned without WiFi, via hardwire CAN?  Just sounds like a very lean default map.

Yes it can, but Athena does not seem to want to make it available to the 'consumer'.

The Wifi Module and it's app seem to be quite detailed, kind of like the Yamaha GYTR tuner on steroids. 

Yes, it's very lean at idle with the stock Athena map. So lean it surges.  

So, first ride back with the new 'motor'.

Very nice.  A bit more power than I remember it having when new.  Who's to say.  Bottom line is, it works, runs, and is a gas.  

The suspension however, was fanTAS tic. The N2Dirt revalve, that I barely got to try out before the motor failed, was stellar.  Had to go in a bunch of clicks front and rear to get it balanced and slowed down, but it was great. It's really, really close to KYB SSS now. Combined with the compliant frame, it's pretty nice to ride.....!

IMG_0242[1].JPG

IMG_0257[2].JPG