Replacements RIM/ parts

So I got t-boned today on a trail ride and it ruined my front rotor and the rim is questionable at best but I think it's trued up enough to be ok. Anyhow, I decided to go the RMATV and see what I could get just in case and found nothing. In fact I'm seeing that there is a lot of stuff I can't get for this bike that I could for my KTMs and other Jap bikes.

Wondering, would any 36 hole rim work or are they that specific that it needs to be for the brand you're replacing the rim on?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wrfrk said:

So I got t-boned today on a trail ride and it ruined my front rotor and the rim is questionable at best but I think it's trued up enough to be ok. Anyhow, I decided to go the RMATV and see what I could get just in case and found nothing. In fact I'm seeing that there is a lot of stuff I can't get for this bike that I could for my KTMs and other Jap bikes.

Wondering, would any 36 hole rim work or are they that specific that it needs to be for the brand you're replacing the rim on?

Any rim should work, assuming its got the right spoke count...I replaced my rim with a 36 hole Tusk after a little incident with a rock.

As far as rotors, I'd look for a BraKing instead of the Galfer that Rocky sales. Stock Galfers are wayyy soft.

Edited by Sierra_rider
  • Like 1

Rockymountain didnt have? Try calling and asking.. lots of companies dont list products/ graphics etc but when you call and talk to someone it’s available. 

Also look at intech discs.. or inteck? I don’t know but I like the disc I got. I think I ordered from my dealer but I think sierra has a listing. Got a couple versions.. vented and solid . I got solid

Any rim should work, assuming its got the right spoke count...I replaced my rim with a 36 hole Tusk after a little incident with a rock.
As far as rotors, I'd look for a BraKing instead of the Galfer that Rocky sales. Stock Galfers are wayyy soft.

I was curious if the tusk rims would work. I ran them on my previous bike. Did you use their spokes too? Also what bike did you put in RMATV site in order to get the 36 spoke rim since beta isn't an option.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrfrk said:

Where do u get BraKing?

I don't remember where I got it from, might have been from a friend of a friend that happens to have a WPS account.

1 hour ago, NW_drZ said:

I was curious if the tusk rims would work. I ran them on my previous bike. Did you use their spokes too? Also what bike did you put in RMATV site in order to get the 36 spoke rim since beta isn't an option.

I just used the rim...IIRC, I just used the profile for my 06 300xc. For what it's worth, the Tusk now has some flat spots on it from the last 2 seasons. If/when I do new rims, I'll probably go with DID Dirtstars.

I just used the rim...IIRC, I just used the profile for my 06 300xc. For what it's worth, the Tusk now has some flat spots on it from the last 2 seasons. If/when I do new rims, I'll probably go with DID Dirtstars.

Thanks for the that man. I had no problem with them in the PNW. Don't ride a lot of high speed and rocks.

It’s hard to tell from the photos. Some European bikes require special drill pattern rims and hubs that make them incompatible with Japanese hubs and rims. I service a few Gas Gas bikes that require these European drilled rims and also some of the larger KTM adventure bikes, older Husqvarnas and Husabergs.

The easiest way to tell is to look straight down at the center of the hub and see if a set of parallel spokes lead with the right side or the left side.

European drill patterns lead with the left, and Japanese drill patterns lead with the right.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 12/7/2017 at 0:49 PM, Grinstead_77G said:

If you determine that you have a European drill pattern, the Excel rim part numbers will end in 431 for the front and 433 for the rear.

ICK431 for a black 21x1.60 front rim.

FEK433 for a black 18x2.15 rear rim.

Both are 36 hole drilled for 2 cross lacing patterns.

Looking for a new front rim, and neither of those numbers are valid. So, where did you pull these numbers from? 

Looking for a new front rim, and neither of those numbers are valid. So, where did you pull these numbers from? 

From the Excel Dealer Price List.
My recommendation is to give Dubya a call and ask them for EXCEL or DID rim numbers for the make, model and year bike of your bike.

The only modern bikes that are still using Euro drill rims seem to be GasGas and rear adventure bikes with cush hubs.

52 minutes ago, Grinstead_77G said:

From the Excel Dealer Price List.
My recommendation is to give Dubya a call and ask them for EXCEL or DID rim numbers for the make, model and year bike of your bike.

The only modern bikes that are still using Euro drill rims seem to be GasGas and rear adventure bikes with cush hubs.

It looks so damn close to all the Yamaha rims I have laced I am thinking it does not have the Euro drill pattern. I just wished I had a few rims laying around to look at but I have 90% of my bike fleet in AZ, and this girl is in CA. 

Tomorrow will be a phone day, looking for answers. Was hoping to see if someone has done the homework already since Beta has been tooling along since 2011 with their own breed. 

Thanks!

It looks so damn close to all the Yamaha rims I have laced I am thinking it does not have the Euro drill pattern. I just wished I had a few rims laying around to look at but I have 90% of my bike fleet in AZ, and this girl is in CA. 

Tomorrow will be a phone day, looking for answers. Was hoping to see if someone has done the homework already since Beta has been tooling along since 2011 with their own breed. 

Thanks!

My apologies...I looked back to my original posting and see that I reversed the lead spoke explanations.

Left lead is Japanese and right lead is Euro... just happened to service a new Beta a few months ago... and was surprised that the hubs are pretty much KTM clones (Japanese).

Excel parts for your bike.
ICK408 black 21x1.60 36 hole
FEK422 or FEK410 black 18x2.15 36 hole...

I prefer the 422 on KTMs and Husqvarnas but the 410 works as well.

Again, my apologies for sending you on a wild goose chase.

Jeff Grinstead
Castle Rock, CO
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Grinstead_77G said:

My apologies...I looked back to my original posting and see that I reversed the lead spoke explanations.

Left lead is Japanese and right lead is Euro... just happened to service a new Beta a few months ago... and was surprised that the hubs are pretty much KTM clones (Japanese).

Excel parts for your bike.
ICK408 black 21x1.60 36 hole
FEK422 or FEK410 black 18x2.15 36 hole...

I prefer the 422 on KTMs and Husqvarnas but the 410 works as well.

Again, my apologies for sending you on a wild goose chase.

Jeff Grinstead
Castle Rock, CO

Thanks Jeff,

Looks like there are some good prices on those particular numbers on Ebay, but they do not line up in compatibility. I went over to the neighbors house as they say they fit Yamaha many years. His 2002 YZ426 and 250 take same rims per fitment. Nipple hole on the Beta comes in at 7.75 and the Yamaha comes in at 8.50.  I'll be on the phone with someone tomorrow. 

Peace, 

Gary

• Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 5:45 PM, 2 STROKE YZ DOC said:

Thanks Jeff,

Looks like there are some good prices on those particular numbers on Ebay, but they do not line up in compatibility. I went over to the neighbors house as they say they fit Yamaha many years. His 2002 YZ426 and 250 take same rims per fitment. Nipple hole on the Beta comes in at 7.75 and the Yamaha comes in at 8.50.  I'll be on the phone with someone tomorrow. 

Peace, 

Gary

Hoops are Japanese laced wheels. Almost any set will work in combination with OEM Nipples. Excel hoops require new nipple, and DID Dirtstar does not. Direct OEM replacement F/R.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 9:05 AM, 2 STROKE YZ DOC said:

Hoops are Japanese laced wheels. Almost any set will work in combination with OEM Nipples. Excel hoops require new nipple, and DID Dirtstar does not. Direct OEM replacement F/R.

just saw this fitment for Beta rims.. didn't check spokes yet.

https://www.denniskirk.com/moose/orange-18x2-15-aluminum-rear-rim-for-beta-0210-0326.p5502339.prd/5502339.sku?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&gclid=CjwKCAjw7cDaBRBtEiwAsxprXRbhATYSM_cP7PMeF-TCrSsmsJpVf9n96BiQr-agHoz83VAdtNW_ChoCvTsQAvD_BwE&ad=46766398717

Edited by hawaiidirtrider