rehammer81

Oil injection removal

52 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, motoxgiant said:

Here's one for you, from the pages of ktmtalk.com

"I have a 300 EXC 6 day TPI - coming from a 350 XCF. The bikes is pure brillance, I think this guys has not had the bike setup correctly from the dealer. My dealer told me it takes them 5 hours to do all the mapping and restriction changes."

Tightening emission standards and the introduction of technology like FI usher in a brave new world, but it won't all be fun.

No kidding! Its going to very intersting. Might be the biggest changes to the sport  since who knows when, mono-shock?

A riding partner of mine bought a '17 500exc this Spring took until Feb to get it through emissions and remapping to get it to run correctly.  That's a $10k bike that doesn't run until dealer spends forever attempting to undo and overcome restrictions so tight a 500cc bike rides like a pee shooter.  

This same gut is replacing his  2005 KTM 450exc with over 25k on it! Think we'll ever see that kind of engine building again from any of these manumanufacturers? 

Here is a 75 hr + exhaust port on my 250RR. The piston dome and head look super clean as well. Compression over 200 PSI as was when built. Again, 36:1 Amsoil and good jetting.

IMG_1441.jpg

1 person likes this

MOTUL from 25-1 to 50-1 
MOTOREX from 40-1 to 60-1
AMSOIL SABER from 80-1 to 100-1 

You just decide ratio according to oil manufacturers recommendations?

1 hour ago, GP said:

Here is a 75 hr + exhaust port on my 250RR. The piston dome and head look super clean as well. Compression over 200 PSI as was when built. Again, 36:1 Amsoil and good jetting.

IMG_1441.jpg

Installed the NECW needle tonight, wow, nice change, I go for a ride tomorrow. Are you using Interceptor or Dominator? I've got 3 gallons of misc oil to get through :busted: and then I'll be ready to get some Amsoil. :thinking:

11 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Installed the NECW needle tonight, wow, nice change, I go for a ride tomorrow. Are you using Interceptor or Dominator? I've got 3 gallons of misc oil to get through :busted: and then I'll be ready to get some Amsoil. :thinking:

Dominator.   Higher flash point oil exits the motor without burning and forming deposits.  An S/A will always trap oil mist in the exhaust stream and drool, where a straight silencer is clean everything else being the same. 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, GP said:

Dominator.   Higher flash point oil exits the motor without burning and forming deposits.  An S/A will always trap oil mist in the exhaust stream and drool, where a straight silencer is clean everything else being the same. 

Agreed, particularly on the S/A and the drool.

Agreed x2. Despite my NEDH equipped, GP tuned jetting I still get some spooge with the shorty Q stealth silencer. With that said, the bike is running great with zero bogs / sputter and has instance throttle response. Super happy with its performance. Funny thing is I get a lot less spooge than I did with the oil injection and jetting to the Beta charts. I have been running Motul 710 since I got the bike and am running 36:1 now that I’m pre mixing.

1 person likes this

I just read this thread and I would like to verify the claims by GP and motoxgiant.

All the bikes are coming from the factory with the 'homologation' setting that being the super mysterious jetting, the catalytic exhaust, the exhaust fresh air injection and nowadays the restricted-paper element air filter.

Similarly, that was the case with carb'd 4 strokes where you had to remove throttle limiter (a spacer on top of the slide) some plugs etc.

Regarding the 2-strokes, this is happenning from day one ie the first 2013 models.

You have to understand that this a nonsense jetting which allow the factory to sell bikes while complying with EURO emissions. If you could have access to check the type approval of each model you would be surprised by the stated output power. Usually is around 7-8 Kw (multiply by 1.36 to get the HP number) and this is with all restrictions. On Euro bikes, there is a white tab in the steering stem behind the headlight where all this is written (together with VIN). Obviously I don't know if US bikes carry this label.

How do I know all this?

I have been a great BETA unboxer (current term used by idiot marketing people) as I was a country importer from 2010 to 2015 (left the company for personal reasons) and I have uncrated anything Beta between an ARC 50 to an RR520 (but none with a KTM engine). Whoever needs a 4st catalyst or turn signals or r/v cheap mirrors can pm me, I will always have few in my garage...:lol: All this are also necessary to get license plates....

So don't refer to the euro setting, it doesn't exists. Its the 'I can sell and you replace as soon as you buy' setting.

Also if you insist using OI (like I did - I grew up with Yamaha DT200) be sure to upgrade your condenser to 2018 (haven't done it yet but will) and check periodically both the condenser and the diodes plug.

As perhaps one of the latest victims of the above mentioned system, I believe that before the pump gets old, its the cigarette-paper thin insulation of the 2 plugs that will produce a cylinder like mine (looks like it propelled Columbia space bus to Mars and back to Earth).....

PS: it would be a big mistake by me to forgot to mention once again the warranty cover that Beta offers which is second to none. 

As long as I ride and as long as there are some great people in the factory, it will be very hard for me to ride another brand. And no, I didn't get a special service as the above level of service is well documented from many riders around the world. 

Edited by dirtbird
3 people like this

Thanks for that post, and sorry you found out the truth about the OI.  

2 people like this