Opinion on 2010 crf450r package deal opportunity

I have an opportunity to buy a 2010 crf450r with 3.2 actual hours on it. Long story short it was purchased shortly before someone went to jail, it sat until recently 2017 and now they're dead. For $3000 I can buy the mint condition bike (hasn't seen track or woods just ripped around a few times). It's mostly stock besides ASV red non break levers, complete red Warp 9 rims with brand new tires, acerbis front brake cover, and a aluminum skid plate. Thats the bike as it sits in mint condition. Starts up mint and runs fine. I just looked at it an hour ago.

On the side. It comes with the brand new stock rims with stock tires, rotors, sprockets, another complete black warp 9 full rim setup with rotors, sprockets, tires, a complete black plastic kit, brand new black seat, black front brake cover, new MSR chain, fmf exhaust and header pipe, side stand, square stand, stock levers and like new alpine tech 8 boots which are my size! 

Is this a no brainer or am I wasting my time with the bike? I'm gonna be honest I am not very acquainted with Hondas but I have been riding 450s a lot and would consider this bike for track. On the plus side I like how this only has one exhaust on the downside it's almost winter here in Maine and it will sit for awhile. I do have grip studs I could throw on the other tires for the lakes which would be fun but that's about it.

Opinions?! Thanks a ton! 

• Like 1

Yep. No brainer.  If it was in my state, I would be driving with my cash right now.  I don't even need another bike.  A new one without the rims, levers, etc. is almost 10K out the door.

• Like 1

I have an opportunity to buy a 2010 crf450r with 3.2 actual hours on it. Long story short it was purchased shortly before someone went to jail, it sat until recently 2017 and now they're dead. For $3000 I can buy the mint condition bike (hasn't seen track or woods just ripped around a few times). It's mostly stock besides ASV red non break levers, complete red Warp 9 rims with brand new tires, acerbis front brake cover, and a aluminum skid plate. Thats the bike as it sits in mint condition. Starts up mint and runs fine. I just looked at it an hour ago.
On the side. It comes with the brand new stock rims with stock tires, rotors, sprockets, another complete black warp 9 full rim setup with rotors, sprockets, tires, a complete black plastic kit, brand new black seat, black front brake cover, new MSR chain, fmf exhaust and header pipe, side stand, square stand, stock levers and like new alpine tech 8 boots which are my size! 
Is this a no brainer or am I wasting my time with the bike? I'm gonna be honest I am not very acquainted with Hondas but I have been riding 450s a lot and would consider this bike for track. On the plus side I like how this only has one exhaust on the downside it's almost winter here in Maine and it will sit for awhile. I do have grip studs I could throw on the other tires for the lakes which would be fun but that's about it.
Opinions?! Thanks a ton! 
where about in Maine are you from? I also live in Maine about 15 minutes south of Bangor. 07 CRF450R is my dirt ride!
  • Like 1

Opinions?! Thanks a ton! 

where about in Maine are you from? I also live in Maine about 15 minutes south of Bangor. 07 CRF450R is my dirt ride!

I'm down in Saco, I have lived in Maine my entire life including Hampden. I was just in Bangor for Thanksgiving. Posting a pic in a second.

IMG_7117.jpg

• Like 2

I'm down in Saco, I have lived in Maine my entire life including Hampden. I was just in Bangor for Thanksgiving. Posting a pic in a second.

IMG_7117.thumb.jpg.d0ace389f7bbf59a521c1711bda734fe.jpg

oh to funny I was in South Portland on Sunday picking up a bundle of spare parts for my bike! and definitely post up some pictures I tried searching for it on Craiglist but no luck
  • Like 1

Just now, 207RIDER said:
4 minutes ago, Ride_Flip_Repeat said:

IMG_7117.thumb.jpg.d0ace389f7bbf59a521c1711bda734fe.jpg

oh to funny I was in South Portland on Sunday picking up a bundle of spare parts for my bike! and definitely post up some pictures I tried searching for it on Craiglist but no luck

Yea this bike isn't on craigslist. This was a private first opportunity deal. Would you be interested in any of the rims sets or anything else if I picked this up? I was researching too apparently they made a spacer for the newer crf models due to the rear hub changing.

Yea this bike isn't on craigslist. This was a private first opportunity deal. Would you be interested in any of the rims sets or anything else if I picked this up? I was researching too apparently they made a spacer for the newer crf models due to the rear hub changing.
I might be interested in either the black set of warps or stock wheels depending on prices. I dont need sprockets or tires too many as it is! let me know how the sale goes and we can go from there but the bike does look clean it also has aftermarket radiator guards

Just now, 207RIDER said:

I might be interested in either the black set of warps or stock wheels depending on prices. I dont need sprockets or tires too many as it is! let me know how the sale goes and we can go from there but the bike does look clean it also has aftermarket radiator guards

Ok, it looks like it has some braces on it which I noticed today. Wasn't sure if that's something Honda has on there stock. If you're interested in the bike and everything I'll drive it up there for you for $3600 cash!

Ok, it looks like it has some braces on it which I noticed today. Wasn't sure if that's something Honda has on there stock. If you're interested in the bike and everything I'll drive it up there for you for $3600 cash!
haha I don't need another bike especially this time of year! I say that but if the right 250 2 stroke comes up it would be hard to resist. but thanks for the offer! if you decide on parting with some rims let me know!

Just now, 207RIDER said:

haha I don't need another bike especially this time of year! I say that but if the right 250 2 stroke comes up it would be hard to resist. but thanks for the offer! if you decide on parting with some rims let me know!

It's all good. That's the prob that it's almost winter. The spare set of rims are attractive to put grip studs onto and cruise around on the lakes. What 2 stroke are you looking for and budget?

It's all good. That's the prob that it's almost winter. The spare set of rims are attractive to put grip studs onto and cruise around on the lakes. What 2 stroke are you looking for and budget?
1990+ cr250 wouldn't mind anything from a project to a runner at $2000 my maximum. would love a winter project but I have even posted in search of adds all around with no response.

10 minutes ago, 207RIDER said:
33 minutes ago, Ride_Flip_Repeat said:

1990+ cr250 wouldn't mind anything from a project to a runner at $2000 my maximum. would love a winter project but I have even posted in search of adds all around with no response.

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/snw/d/03-cr250-trade-for-quad/6409879328.html saw this the other day.

Recently sold a 10 model I had since brand new.  Excellent mx bike once you set up the suspension for your weight / riding.  A remap with an aftermarket exhaust brings the engine to life & is icing on the cake .  I preferred this efi model over the 05-08 carbed models owned. 

• Like 1

That’s a great price for the bike and everything that comes with it. Be prepared to go through clutches on that thing. I had the best luck with a Hinson basket paired with their springs on the OEM 4 spring inner hub & pressure plate. I did have the 6 spring set up for a while but burned through that quickly. 

Also had the Hinson 6 spring complete clutch unit that proved to be bullet proof in my experience.  I'm not a clutch abuser so it was still on the bike when sold a couple of weeks ago. I installed the Hinson unit about 4 yrs. back with the bike being used primarily for mx use with some occasional trail rides. 

20 hours ago, Ride_Flip_Repeat said:

Post a pic of the braces.  Doubt they are Honda but we can tell you what they are.

On 12/5/2017 at 10:10 PM, Ride_Flip_Repeat said:

Opinions?! Thanks a ton! 

sounds good for a package deal ,thats why i love to buy second hand bike , alot of extra part and equipment may included. FMF exhaust are awsome on 2010 bikes and give them 1-2 more hp . just find a honda dealer near and map your ECU regarding your need (More torque/snappy/mellow) and enjoy it.

dont wait to much , there can be others looking and have the same thought ? . if you get it then put some picture here :D . lets see your new bike .

6 hours ago, aminem said:

sounds good for a package deal ,thats why i love to buy second hand bike , alot of extra part and equipment may included. FMF exhaust are awsome on 2010 bikes and give them 1-2 more hp . just find a honda dealer near and map your ECU regarding your need (More torque/snappy/mellow) and enjoy it.

Owned 09-10 models & they were essentially the same engine with different mapping from the factory.  An aftermarket exhaust with a remap to compliment the exhaust produced more like 2.5 - 3 HP atrw.   It was noticeable through out the powerband especially up top where the oem exhaust / map would sign off early.  The oem exhaust is choked up with a conservative map

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj03syxh_jXAhVU_GMKHdF2BM8QFghoMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmotocrossactionmag.com%2Fbike-tests%2Fhonda-tests%2Fwe-test-2009-honda-crf450-exhaust-systems-dr-d-pro-circuit-fmf-yoshimura-vance-hines-and-stock-get-the-dyno-sound-and-powerband-treatment&usg=AOvVaw2EOK-nd46Cdlmj0A4ReW42

Edited by H4L
  • Like 1