• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

ON SALE!   12/06/2017

Up to 20% off Yuasa Batteries & Battery Accessories!
ScubaruSteve

2017 RR Color change

23 posts in this topic

Hey, I just picked up a 2017 300 RR 3 weeks ago and absolutely love this bike. I'm just not a fan of the red but love the white.

Anyone do the swap from red to white plastics? i know Polisport makes the plastics for the bike and the dealer wanted to sell me 2018 plastics but they are different. I was planning on using the 2018 decals as well but may not fit?

Thanks for any input! Here's a pic of the bike along side my wife's.

Bikes Filtered.jpg

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ScubaruSteve said:

Hey, I just picked up a 2017 300 RR 3 weeks ago and absolutely love this bike. I'm just not a fan of the red but love the white.

Anyone do the swap from red to white plastics? i know Polisport makes the plastics for the bike and the dealer wanted to sell me 2018 plastics but they are different. I was planning on using the 2018 decals as well but may not fit?

Thanks for any input! Here's a pic of the bike along side my wife's.

Bikes Filtered.jpg

You can get dayglo, black and white plastics an just get whatever plastic graphics you want. Just google beta 300 rr plastic graphics kit and you’ll see a ton of choices for 2017. 

As for the decals, if the ones you buy from Beta are the same as what comes on the bikes, they're absolutely terrible quality. I wouldn't spend a dime on those. My air box decals started peeling off after literally 10 minutes of my boots rubbing them.

I get all my decals from Ride Industries which is a Canadian Company based out of BC. The graphics on my FX have lasted for 3 seasons of year round riding and racing.

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Goatse said:

As for the decals, if the ones you buy from Beta are the same as what comes on the bikes, they're absolutely terrible quality. I wouldn't spend a dime on those. My air box decals started peeling off after literally 10 minutes of my boots rubbing them.

I get all my decals from Ride Industries which is a Canadian Company based out of BC. The graphics on my FX have lasted for 3 seasons of year round riding and racing.

That’s the great thing now. There are lots of sources for graphics.  now we have polisport for plastics too. I gotta say my 525 Beta graphics couldn’t stay on but the 09 quality of plastics are excellent. Just look at 09 and earlier pics of Beta.. most don’t have graphics on. . My 15’ 300 rr graphics.. the stock ones are refusing to be damaged even eith a variety of crashes and lots of washing. I bought graphics and new plastics in anticipation of changing but it’s still sitting.  The stock plastics are more brittle though and have a better chance of breaking too compared to the aftermarket polisport but Ive been lucky there too. ive got no plastics breaking yet too .. no wait one front cracked fender. Im wondering how weather might affect graphics and plastics different from place to place. I know that I’d not had problems with plastics breaking but the cold weather beta riders sometimes said their plastics broke easier.Im thinking the polisport is the more quality plastics and what I should get in the future along with whatever type of graphics in the .

heres my bike.. stock plastics and graphics except for the front fender.. thats a 2012 shaped front fender. I like the look better.

102B0B06-185E-4FC5-BCA8-7999EE3AF42C.jpeg

00DDAA8E-2015-4154-863E-A0510E31B5D1.jpeg

70412D66-4775-45C1-82F4-65CA6F4CE577.jpeg

002458CC-1E8B-4444-935E-EBDA2EF301B7.jpeg

7C56463D-6C52-47C0-B25C-824C647C9D0C.jpeg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

White, is right.  I'd pay any amount to get it to white as it just looks so much better than the red.  

P1130026.JPG

P1130171.JPG

I was so glad, but didn't really know it at the time, when I was having my BYOB made, they didn't have any 2017 RR-S decals so I had a choice of any of the 2016 decal kits and chose the 2016 RS kit, which I love more than any other graphics package out there and I'm not a fan of graphics but I happen to like the 2016 RS.  

Edited by Ben500RR-S

I've had good luck with the plastics and graphics on my 2014 300RR, it should be renewed this winter just to freshen it up. Numerous crashes with the only casualty being the front fender now has white marks in it but no cracks (white marks don't bother me; after all I rode Yamaha's for years). The graphics are taking a beating on the tank due to me squeezing it and riding with the newer Thor Force knee guards that has metal hinge screws. Not sure any graphics can stand up to that but I need to find something to put over the hinge to prevent that as I like my bikes to look nice. I'm torn between the Red and the White, to me the Red lets them know I'm riding Beta but the White looks very nice. We'll see!

1 person likes this

My '13 was white originally and now red.  White looks good but stains and ages fast.  One thing I really hate is the white subframe and airbox covers on the newer bikes.  I could go back to white but not for those parts. 

2 people like this

my last three bikes have had white plastics, i think they look newer longer since you can't see scratches and dullness as easy as a darker color. i have not had a staining problem.

here's my '13 250.. .

typeone-RR-winter-maint-2017-13.jpg

2 people like this

24 minutes ago, typeone said:

my last three bikes have had white plastics, i think they look newer longer since you can't see scratches and dullness as easy as a darker color. i have not had a staining problem.

here's my '13 250.. .

The guy  with a staining problem must not be wiping when he is done.  Gotta wipe when finished or one will get staining.  It is a fact of life.  

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, typeone said:

here's my '13 250.. .

I really like the graphics on your bike! Seems to flow really Well!

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Ben500RR-S said:

The guy  with a staining problem must not be wiping when he is done.  Gotta wipe when finished or one will get staining.  It is a fact of life.  

hahaa, trooth ! although i never wipe when done ... still no stains ... few skids at most :cool:

Just now, ScubaruSteve said:

I really like the graphics on your bike! Seems to flow really Well!

thanks! prob run the same kit again with a few edits.

7 minutes ago, typeone said:

hahaa, trooth ! although i never wipe when done ... still no stains ... few skids at most :cool:

thanks! prob run the same kit again with a few edits.

I just noticed you are also from MA, you are the only other Beta owner from MA on here besides me.  Nice. 

Mine never gets much wiping either, just a rinsing, like a French Bidet, a water cleanse and it has never seen a pressure washer.  

Your graphics do look good, not too crazy.  

I also notice you have the MotoWorx decal on the fork.  Are they worth me having them do my suspension?  

1 hour ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I just noticed you are also from MA, you are the only other Beta owner from MA on here besides me.  Nice. 

Mine never gets much wiping either, just a rinsing, like a French Bidet, a water cleanse and it has never seen a pressure washer.  

Your graphics do look good, not too crazy.  

I also notice you have the MotoWorx decal on the fork.  Are they worth me having them do my suspension?  

Motoworx are great people but i'm not sure i can answer that yet ... had both front and rear revalved last winter ... shock is OK, forks another story, total pogosticks. to be fair, i have not been able to work with Rob on this issue. mine are the old '13 Sachs OC's so i know they suck to begin with. i'm most likely going with the MXT Cartridge System from Enduro Spec rather than mess with these stock internals any further.

EDIT: oh, and that's cool on MA! where do you ride? Hodges Village Dam in Oxford is our local joint. my buddy rides a Beta as well.

Edited by typeone