lcw8423

Cold weather motorcycle gloves?

Forgive me if this is already a topic somewhere. Looking for a decent cold weather glove for enduro/riding. Something warm and comfortable and not to bulky I should say. Anyone have any good reviews with any?

Look at snowmobile gloves. I have a set of older snowmobile gloves, not sure the brand. They are perfect for winter riding. Actually too warm unless the weather is below 25-30 f. 

You're going to pay through the nose for specific "winter motorcycle gloves", just buy some water proof winter hunting gloves for a 1/3 the price.

• Like 3

I picked up a few pairs of the MSR Impact mud pro from rocky mountain on clearance recently for $17/pair. They aren't really marketed as winter gloves, obviously, they're mud gloves. But with the full neoprene construction, they keep my hands warm when riding in anything over 30 degree temps. If it's under 30, I'm not riding anyway. I had an old pair of Fox polar paws before these, and these are way better. There might be a few pairs left. If so, they're cheap enough to try them and give away if you don't like them. The regular MSR Impact's (non mud) are on clearance for $11/ pair. They look like the same glove without the mud spikes or goggle wiper, but they have vented palms so I avoided those ones. I wanted something as warm as possible while staying as close to a regular glove as possible. I can't ride with bulky gloves.

Here's the mud ones: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1575/66152/MSR-Impact-Mud-Pro-Gloves?c=294

I put handle bar mitts on the bike for winter and wear the same gloves as I wear in warm whether. You can put the mitts over wrap around hand guards and zip tie them in place so they stay open and in place, buy the smaller ones too, the ones that go almost up to your elbow are just too big and are hard to get your hands in and out of easily.

I don't like riding with thick gloves, I cant run the clutch or front brake well while wearing them.

Here's a pic of handle bar mitts if you've never seen em.

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

I use these; they 're not cool, sexy or made from space age materials but they get the job done. Wear them with the liners, wool is the only material that keeps on insulating even after it gets wet. May not give you the best dexterity but after clowns having my hands freeze is my second biggest fear. I live in the Northeast and walk all Winter with them.

Pricey, but good protection over the knuckles,  goretex, and excellent dexterity.   Perfect compromise for anything above 30 deg.  Anything colder,  and I stay home;)  

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-vanguard-gtx-short-gloves

I also use elephant ears (giant loop), which surprisingly perform fine in single track (albeit very noisy ).  

G

The 100% Brisker gloves are good for cooler but not really cold weather. They work for me down to about 40f The have insulation on the top side but are normal grip in the palm

• Like 1