Beta 500 rr-s freeway?

42 minutes ago, danketchpel said:

That's pretty interesting for an extended ADV type ride. I might look into that.

I've done some longer freeway rides on my 500 and while it's ok it's certainly no where near as comfy as my TR650 for extended freeway miles. It just wears you out faster. I think the rider is the limiting factor in this case.

My personal feeling is that I'd want to keep my pure freeway sections at a sustained 65-70 max and 50 miles or so non-stop. The bike will easily do more though.

I run 15/50 gearing which seems like a near perfect compromise. It's not bad on the freeway and still works well for all but the nastiest off-road. I run a cush drive rear sprocket.

I think if I were to do an extended ADV type ride I would go to different tires more suited to that type of riding. It would depend a lot on the route.

I owned an 950 SM for couple years and would have been all over this screen. With my 500 though I just ride enough on freeway to justify it

On 12/7/2017 at 1:45 PM, basalt said:

Fanno schifo sulla strada. Non mi interessa cosa fai. La domanda è: ti piace il dolore?

Зависит от того, какая у тебя сильная задница. Если у тебя есть задница, возможно, нет.

7 minutes ago, Thewegian said:

Зависит от того, какая у тебя сильная задница. Если у тебя есть задница, возможно, нет.

Makala punda ni yenye nguvu, lakini siipendi punda wa punda na mipira ya gorofa

• Like 1

What the heck is happening to the Beta forum? It’s a swarm of boneheads posting useless crap and wrecking the threads.

It’s one thing to kid around but geez!! Give it a break guys. 

17 hours ago, basalt said:

Makala punda ni yenye nguvu, lakini siipendi punda wa punda na mipira ya gorofa

vaj tIq yap 'oH lIgh SoH, tonsils hemmoroids DeSDu' poH rap tI' je laH poHlIj?

9 hours ago, ballisticexchris said:

What the heck is happening to the Beta forum? It’s a swarm of boneheads posting useless crap and wrecking the threads.

l'ironia

As others have said, I'l give my 2 cents.

IF you balance your tires.  (I'm using Tubliss and I have mine balanced, after adding 30 pounds of weights.)  You can cruise pretty good at highway speeds.  I went 75 on my stock gearing setup after Tubliss install and balance just to see how it felt.  No shake but not my cup of tea.  I don't go over 60 and usually stay around 50 when I'm on the street.

If you are planning on STREET ONLY, then spring for some supermoto wheels and go down to something like 42 tooth rear and then you can do it.  Still won't be comfortable as it's a dirt bike.

Edited by MFGamesta

On 12/9/2017 at 11:40 AM, mtdirtbag said:

Wow! Thirty Pounds???

Not sure how much it really was.  Not much more than balancing out a typical rim lock.

Ive done over 600 miles of highway driving on my 2015 480 rr

Ive done over 600 miles of highway driving on my 2015 480 rr

This past summer

On 12/8/2017 at 10:17 PM, ballisticexchris said:

All you need do is look in the mirror...

19 hours ago, ballisticexchris said:

Is that really called for pal? If you can’t contribute anything useful, then please don’t post. 

My contribution is to have anybody take your contributions with a grain of salt.

I would recommend picking up old KLR, VStrom 650 for extended miles.  Keep the Beta for the fun stuff, if you can.

i have a Tiger 800 that doesn’t really do more than dirt road, but eats up tons of pavement miles & Beta for everything else.

• Like 1