• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

ON SALE!   12/06/2017

Up to 20% off Yuasa Batteries & Battery Accessories!
Radebell

Unkown Fork specs

8 posts in this topic

So I purchased a 1999 RM 125 over the summer, and have been riding it weekly on various tracks. I happened to blow both fork seals while at the track one day last week, and decided to give the ol' "Seal Mate" a shot at removing suspected debris. Turns out, the seals are infact blown out. So I purchased a Pivot Works 1999 RM 125 fork rebuild kit off of Ebay (verified seller) and it turns out the seals and bushings are the wrong size. So I contacted the guy whom I purchased the dirt bike from, and he said that he suspected that the forks on the bike were in fact NOT OEM 1999 RM 125 forks. So I have contacted Showa, Suzuki, AND Pivot Works to try and find out what year these forks are from. I have attached a picture of the Fork ID's in this post, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

IMG_0437..jpg

2 minutes ago, arthur6 said:

Show and Suzuki won't respond. Just measure your forks and buy seals that fit.

I have received an email back from Showa, they said that they do not have a database for fork serial number s?? Crap, guess I'm going to have to buy a micrometer then, huh?

I believe those are 2001 RM125 forks.  The same number shows up on the fork lug for the 2001-2006 Rm125 forks. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Suzuki-RM125-Fork-Tubes-Front-Suspension-Triple-Clamps-Fits-01-2006-RM-125/302528628091?fits=Make%3ASuzuki|Model%3ARM125&hash=item46701c857b:g:c3cAAOSwYwJaC1U-

2001 rm125 forks.PNG

Edited by dirtjumpordie
1 person likes this

9 hours ago, dirtjumpordie said:

GOOD STUFF BRO ! Thank you so much

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Radebell
      My rear brake does not even stop my rear tire from the slight rotation while in neutral, revving the bike. I have replaced the brake fluid with the DOT 4 (suggested Suzuki brake fluid), bleed the line countless times, and still to no avail, absolutely no brake. So I believe the problem lies in the caliper piston? Has anyone ever experienced a bad piston?
    • By YZRS125
      Complete Park Tools wall mount suspension vise. Only used twice.
      Asking $100 including free shipping to lower 48 states.
      Paypal preferred.
    • By JDM500R98
      Anyone else running a Lectron carb on their CR500, how does it run, any problems? I have a fresh rebuilt 1998 500 and after trying to set the pj I decided to try out a 40mm lectron. Not sure if it’s just me but it slips on and doesn’t seem to fit the inlet or outlet too great. It goes on but looks like it could go on more. Anyone know if there’s a bigger inlet manifold I need? Nothing mentioned about this on their site or set up pdf. Plus could be me being picky. Seal good all round and looks fine through the air box side just not from the outside. I understand it’s 2mm bigger than stock and a lot of guys use 39mm pwks just thought I’d see if it’s me being picky or if I need to see about getting a bigger manifold. 

• By Supermotofool
      Now that I am rebuilding my 2001 DRZ400S due to a crash.. I want to be sure that when it happens again the bike will not be completely totaled.  I cannot find any axle sliders for it because it does not have hollow axles. The only thing I have been able to find are engine guards that mount to the frame so I will for sure be getting those. So I just have questions on how to get axle sliders mounted on my bike, and I also will probably be getting a handbrake sometime in the near future. Would I be better off just swapping to an SM swingarm? 
      I wish there was a document listing all the spec differences between the SM and S models. 
      Any help would be great.
      Best regards.
    • By Nickmay305
      Father purchased a beautiful ktm 440 looked everything over before deciding to ride for 10 min and then check again 4 min into riding the rear sprocket came loose and cracked the rear hub 😡😡 looking for info on interchangeable hubs or places to purchase a 440 rear hub