Unkown Fork specs

So I purchased a 1999 RM 125 over the summer, and have been riding it weekly on various tracks. I happened to blow both fork seals while at the track one day last week, and decided to give the ol' "Seal Mate" a shot at removing suspected debris. Turns out, the seals are infact blown out. So I purchased a Pivot Works 1999 RM 125 fork rebuild kit off of Ebay (verified seller) and it turns out the seals and bushings are the wrong size. So I contacted the guy whom I purchased the dirt bike from, and he said that he suspected that the forks on the bike were in fact NOT OEM 1999 RM 125 forks. So I have contacted Showa, Suzuki, AND Pivot Works to try and find out what year these forks are from. I have attached a picture of the Fork ID's in this post, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

IMG_0437..jpg

Show and Suzuki won't respond. Just measure your forks and buy seals that fit.

2 minutes ago, arthur6 said:

Show and Suzuki won't respond. Just measure your forks and buy seals that fit.

I have received an email back from Showa, they said that they do not have a database for fork serial number s?? Crap, guess I'm going to have to buy a micrometer then, huh?

You can measure with a tape measure or a ruler, most have millmiters

Buy calipers, they are very very handy.  

No problem man!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jr Hurst
      I am thinking about selling my dual sport KTM 250 MXC 1983. I have no idea what a reasonable asking price would be in the condition it is in. It runs and drives great and has good compression. The bike works as it should. Any help would be appreciated.

• By faizakhtar125
      Like this comment if you have a YZ. I want to see how many people have YZ's, especially YZ125's
    • By Yzmaster
      Ok so I bought a yz80 from a guy and he said everything was good with it, but I found a problem after riding it around my yard, in neutral it would bog a little when going from no throttle to WOT, and it was bogging real bad when going from neutral to 1st you would try to move an it will bog for a couple of seconds and then with some throttle feathering it will lift the rpms up until your over about 1/8th to 1/6th throttle and then it has perfect power and response again and I thought it might not be burning all the gas so I cleaned the spark plug with a paper towel and started it up again as surprisingly when I was going from no throttle to WOT without bog and it was responding perfect however after about 20 seconds it went back to normal and when I looked behind me there was oil splatters all over the quad that was behind me, so I thought this might be because I added double the mix of oil on accident so I thinned out the mix a little and there was really no difference, the guy before me said he cleaned the carb and checked through the bike, So I think it may be running rich what would be your suggestions 
    • By Noah-TeamBlue
      Me again.. with the 1995 YZ 125.
      So after hearing feedback from you guys regarding my rebuild on the blown up YZ I bought I am interested in tearing down the top end to take a look at the cylinder and piston.
      What should I look for in terms of wear and damage? I know what a clean top end looks like was just wondering what you guys think I should check out specifically.
      Also, I like to replace gaskets anytime I rebuild or replace a major component in the engine. Is it neccesary to replace gaskets this time even though I am just taking it apart, inspecting it and then putting back together?  (Gaskets are about 5 months old)
    • By Cory Faulkner
      Anyone know the torque specs for the upper and lower bridge for the forks on a 1994 Honda CR 250R?