• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

ON SALE!   12/06/2017

Up to 20% off Yuasa Batteries & Battery Accessories!
Gearhead20

Polaris Switchback constant oil leak

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, 

I have an 06 Polaris switchback 600 that constanly leaks oil when sitting for longer than a month. This isnt a typical oil leak. The oil goes into the motor and out the exhaust. Its like the motor is always sucking oil when its not running. It has done this since i have owned it. This last year i had the top and bottom end rebuilt by our local polaris dealer and they turned up the oil pump for the break in (its not broken it completely) but since then it sat all summer and COMPLETELY leaked all of its oil out... VES gold aint cheap. Anyone else ever have this happen? Im thinking about putting a shut off valve to stop this, unless you guys have a better solution.

Thanks guys! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By William Davies
      Do any 1 know if this sounds link timeing chain piston slap or its fine 
    • By Blake Zimmerman
      Hey. I just got a 94rmx with a complete rm makeover, but I don't have the tools to fix it yet so I've not ridden yet. I was wondering if anyone has tips about riding. And if anyone has some spare tool they could give a beginner. I'm pretty poor so could be some time till I get them myself. The pics my beaut

• By Drzjosh125
      Okay, so I've done EVERYTHING. The carburetor is a Keihin PWK 28 and it PISSES gas out the float bowl overflow whenever I turn the gas on. I've tried everything in the books. The float level is correct, so I know that is not the problem.
      The first thing I tried: the needle. I turned the gas on with the float bowl off while holding the needle in place with my finger. No leaks whatsoever.
      The second thing I tried: The brass overflow tubes in the float bowl. I took the float bowl off the carb, and filled it with gas. Not a drop came out of the overflow so I knew that these tubes were not cracked.
      One thing I did notice..... The bike leaked the least when the floats were at a really low level, however, this caused the bike to run piss-poor, as expected. What is with that?
      I also cleaned out the gas tank and needle seat and neither of these made any difference, the bike was still pissing gas. Now my garage smells like gas, I am angry, and my dad is pissed because the whole house smells like gas.
      Literally any suggestions will be appreciated. I've cleaned the whole fuel system, set the floats correctly, checked for any cracks in the overflow tubes, checked the needle rigorously, but to no avail. If you have ANY idea what it could be, please let me know! I know many other people have had issues with these Keihin PWK's, but I read all of those forums and tried everything it said, but nothing worked. I am totally lost and upset because I wanted this to be an awesome bike. Thanks for reading.
    • By horrorfan
      prob a stupid topic but I'm interested to know more about it. 

I 100% always use Shell stations...no reason in particular. 
       ...lately, when filling up, the pump won't automatically stop. I will end up over flowing. This has never happened to me up until recently, I usually always use the auto stop.
      Today it happened I had to tip the bike over to spill some gas out, I did use the reserve and it was getting pretty low.

Not sure if my bike tells the pump to stop or if its the pump thats broken. 
    • By Jake D
      Bought my 2003 Kx 250 from a shorter, lighter kid that had the suspension done by EVO for mx.  I budget race woods, and the suspension set up for a 140 lbs mx racer actually does alright for me in the woods as I'm around 165 lbs.  The foot pegs were welded higher which I took care of, the forks were way high in the triple clamps which I took care of, but the seat sits much lower than I want it to, I can flat foot the bike with about an inch to spare. I don't really know how the work was done, is there a link or something I can just take out to raise it back up or was the shock cut or replaced with something to fit the previous owner? how do suspension shops usually go about lowering a bike? if its free/inexpensive to fix, I would like to do so, but if it cost any decent amount of money ill just suck it up and keep riding.  Maybe its just because I'm used to it, but it seems the rear end sticks better when corning compared to my friends bikes ive ridden. but its just too short.
      Thanks, 
      Jake