Your Ride Today

My ride this morning.  Everr have one of the rides where you just weren't feeling it?  Not too motivated?  Yup that was this morning.  All I could do just to suck it up and finish.  

ride2.jpg

Edited by Haglar
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2018 at 5:14 PM, Haglar said:

Nice ride.  I like the elevation you tackled.  One day I will get there.

Haha, we call that ride "flat", since most of our rides do that much elevation in half the distance. I guess that is to be expected here in the Catskill Mountains of New York

29 minutes ago, MarioThePlumber said:

Completed my first Gran Fondo! 

F0AB1BD5-383D-41D4-B00D-3CF90C1EA3F8.thumb.jpeg.a42044731ea12005a2c497c47635ed54.jpeg

It was only a half century, but it still kicked my ass! 

Awesome ride!!!  You guys are making me feel like a slacker. That's a lot of time in the saddle....

Edited by Haglar

Okay feel like a whimp posting this ride.  Joined up with a team today for a training ride.  Very well put together.  Two SAG vehicles.  Half way point we were provided with PBJ sandwiches/Bananas/Oranges/water/Gatorade and pickle juice.  

Ride3.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Haglar said:

Okay feel like a whimp posting this ride.  Joined up with a team today for a training ride.  Very well put together.  Two SAG vehicles.  Half way point we were provided with PBJ sandwiches/Bananas/Oranges/water/Gatorade and pickle juice.  

Ride3.jpg

That's what we had, too! Those PB&J sandwiches hit the spot. 

19D4D726-8B2B-412B-AD46-942C2D1ABF7D.thumb.jpeg.e1e93199fce24e9f457f13bf9dad5a80.jpeg

I replaced my trusty Charge Spoon with a Specialized Toupé and did not enjoy it one bit. 

The Spoon is great for shorter distances, but the thick padding becomes unbearable after about 30 miles. And I know I need a saddle with a cutout. 

Next I'll try the Spesh Romin, which is a little more curvy, has a cutout, and decent padding. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:19 PM, MarioThePlumber said:

19D4D726-8B2B-412B-AD46-942C2D1ABF7D.thumb.jpeg.e1e93199fce24e9f457f13bf9dad5a80.jpeg

I replaced my trusty Charge Spoon with a Specialized Toupé and did not enjoy it one bit. 

The Spoon is great for shorter distances, but the thick padding becomes unbearable after about 30 miles. And I know I need a saddle with a cutout. 

Next I'll try the Spesh Romin, which is a little more curvy, has a cutout, and decent padding. 

I individual I ride with just got a infinity saddle.  He hasn't logged many miles on it, but initially he said it's very comfortable.  I waiting for a long term review before I drop the kind of money on a saddle.  

https://infinitybikeseat.com/shop/infinity-l2-series-seat/

My quest for a saddle is a ongoing saga.  

I ended up placing 63rd out of 271 people in the 50 mile event. I don't think that's too bad for my first event. Could have gone faster too if I had stuck with a couple of the groups! Unfortunately, I found myself all alone pretty frequently and the going gets slow when there's no one to draft. 

• Like 2

Joined another group training ride.  Snacks at mid point were not that great. :(

Anyways, first leg I did pretty well stayed in mid pack. Second leg... Ugh.  Legs failed me.  Didn't finish as strong as I wanted.  

ride4.jpg

Second saddle is the one! 

This time a Spesh Romin, which has just a tiny bit of curvature. Sit bones were still slightly sore, but definitely a "not used to this little padding," and not "this is the wrong shape." I.E., something I can get used to. 

300A9255-1B29-4391-988E-7151477C2FC1.thumb.jpeg.4a6de5a7e27da23609980e63ae550946.jpeg

My ride was completely indoors, so no GPS.

84603492-3274-478C-93FA-116529C09ECC.jpeg.8befa384ba8421678827711e13686fc3.jpeg

9 hours ago, Haglar said:

Joined another group training ride.  Snacks at mid point were not that great. :(

Anyways, first leg I did pretty well stayed in mid pack. Second leg... Ugh.  Legs failed me.  Didn't finish as strong as I wanted.  

ride4.jpg

Still a great ride! And if you are unsure about the snacks, pack your pockets full of stuff you know works! 

Mario, I plan on getting myself a Smart Trainer for this winter, and they can go online and do group rides through Zwift. My riding friends claim that it is very realistic. A monitor projects the ride in front of you and simulates the entire group ride atmosphere, inc hills

• Like 1