MarioThePlumber

Your Ride Today

Had my ride end prematurely on Sunday. Don't need a power meter to tell me how many huhs, whats and watts I make. 

Was able to coast down the trail, so at least the fun part wasn't waste. A 3km walk of shame the rest of the way home in XC shoes; clop clop clop clop.

Already have an RA# to have a new hub rebuilt onto the rim using same spokes but with new nipples. Will ship off tomorrow, but expecting about 2 weeks before I get it back. 

IMG_20190908_1433288.jpg

IMG_20190908_1432594.jpg

IMG_20190908_1433085.jpg

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Betarocker said:

Had my ride end prematurely on Sunday. Don't need a power meter to tell me how many huhs, whats and watts I make. 

Was that a DT hub too? What model? 

Just got in 29mi on the money 3186 up 3189 down

6 hours ago, Arctic Pride said:

Was that a DT hub too? What model? 

Just got in 29mi on the money 3186 up 3189 down

Yeah, is a complete DT wheelset. Model of the hub is a 370; the 3 pawl version. Not a hub they sell alone. We'll see if the build it with the same or use a Star Ratchet 350. 240, 350, and 370 use the same design for the drive ring install. I don't think either style is stronger, the Star ratchet has a smaller engagement angle. 

I've been riding Shimano for 30 years, so quite used to the pawl drive. I'm not racing anywhere, so if it takes 27 milliseconds longer for the drive engagement to happen, then it'll take me that much longer to reach to top.