Chinese Exhaust for CRF230f - Any parts interchangeable..???

Hey guys quick question(s) :D

On the Chinese exhaust systems that are on ebay for like 100 bucks (See link) ... are those parts interchangeable with any of the factory exhaust?....say like use the Chinese Header, but the factory muffler or something? Just curious as I can pick up a system pretty cheap and thought I'd try it out.

Also what is the sound of the Chinese set up vs. the factory "Un-corked" sound? (I like the uncorked sound )

One thing that concerns me is the lack of a head shield on the header pipe....are there any "good" aftermarket heat shield options out theres?

Thanks, and here's a link to what I'm referring to:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-EXHAUST-MUFFLER-FULL-SYSTEM-FOR-HONDA-CRF150F-CRF230F-03-16-RED/142233865688?hash=item211dcc8dd8:g:uOIAAOSwt5hYbMWA&vxp=mtr

I would stay away from items from China as their materials and welding are usually not very good.

Stick with stock or go with ProCircuit or Yoshimura is what I would do.  Expect small changes to power and to lose 2 or 3 pounds at most.

Stock pipe with FMF head pipe (or Powroll) and EO PoweRing is very good but not cheap.  Better off with cam and piston and Procom CDI.

Edited by VortecCPI
  • Like 2

Ok thanks for the replies guys! I think I'm going to pass on the exhaust for now,.. I like the sound of the Factory "Uncorked" set up and I'm sure it's probably flowing "decent"? ... not looking to build a race bike or anything.. ?

• Like 2

I really thought the sound of yours in your videos was nice and mellow,.. which I like actually.. It seems the older I get the quieter I like my exhaust, and I really like those Deep tones verses loud poppy and cracking stuff... 

So total cost of Chinese system plus how many hours spent multiplied by your normal compensation rate multiplied by 2.5 = what?

(2.5 = the average of 2 and 3, which is what a consultant generally demands and what your personal time is worth compared to your paid time)

Edited by VortecCPI

Not currently using any chinese parts (knowingly) on my bike but here's the thing.... Many of these "Quality" parts we use are already outsourced to China. I think the issue is more likely that not all Chinese manufacturers live up to the same quality standards as the others. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, HSV-DirtRider said:

Not currently using any chinese parts (knowingly) on my bike but here's the thing.... Many of these "Quality" parts we use are already outsourced to China. I think the issue is more likely that not all Chinese manufacturers live up to the same quality standards as the others. 

Quite a gamble with your time and money...  B&W moved from Mexico to China years ago...  Now back in Mexico...  Speaks volumes...

I would try the Chinese exhaust, although I doubt there is that much power improvement over an uncorked "straight through" OEM exhaust or even FMF etc.

China is where Japan was in the 1970s. In the 60s "made in Japan" was synonymous with junk. By the 80s they were the best. I've gotten some Chinese stuff that was excellent, and some that was junk. I love the design on this exhaust system. 

Edited by kcomst
  • Like 2