19 250FX All New?

9 minutes ago, NW_drZ said:

Cant go wrong with either.  For reliability the Yamaha is hard to beat.  The Beta will need a new seat either way, the stocker is a brick.    Even standing 90% I hated that thing.  For what its worth, if the YZ250X had an e-start when I was shopping to replace the FX, that would have been my choice.  

Don't go throwing more bikes in the mix. lol I've been looking at the Beta Xtrainer too. I just here the forks are crap at speed but then again I'm no Graham Jarvis. lol

I currently own an FX and a 250RR. I'm 5'10" and a bit, and every time I take the FX out after riding the RR the very first thing I notice is the size and weight (top heavy).

NW touched on everything above, and I agree for the most part. The bikes are both excellent, but in different areas. The plan was to sell the FX, but I like the bike so much I chickened out and couldn't let it go. So of course now I have both.

That being said... If the YZ250X came out with an e-start version I could see myself letting go of the 250RR in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vintage Not Pimpage said:

Have you guys who find the FX top heavy fitted lithium batteries ? Knocked off 1.6kg up high on mine. 

In saying that a 4 stroke will always feel top heavy compared to a 2 stroke.

Shorai for me. The FX is what it is. A 250 4 stroke. No point in trying to compare it with a 2 stroke. They are different machines and excel in different areas than the other. I decided to sell my 3 other bikes and the FX made the most sense for my terrain and riding. 

• Like 3

Back to the OP's topic - I'm guessing that the updated FX won't be here until 2020.  I'll bet it comes a year after the new F model.

I don't think so. The FX has now been getting the same updates as the F. They know it's a success, and they're selling every one they make.

Have you guys who find the FX top heavy fitted lithium batteries ? Knocked off 1.6kg up high on mine. 
In saying that a 4 stroke will always feel top heavy compared to a 2 stroke.

My RR doesn't have one either, so the weight difference putting one in the FX, could be had by putting one on the RR.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Goatse said:

I don't think so. The FX has now been getting the same updates as the F. They know it's a success, and they're selling every one they make.

Yep, been looking for three months and haven't found one yet. Did miss a two hour one last week, sold in two days.

I don’t care if it gets the updates. The new 450 only holds 1.6 gallons. I have reliably been getting over 70 miles out of my stock 2 gallon tank. That’s about how far the test of my group can go. 1.6 won’t cut it and I hate the look of gas in the radiator shroud.

I don't see the FX getting updated until 2020. The new 250f dropped in 14 and we had to wait until 15 for the FX so I'd guess they would continue that pattern. Like I said just a guess. Could be a way of clearing inventory from the previous generation like Yamaha did with the 2 stroke wr250 in the 90s  

I've got the 2.5 gallon IMS tank on my fx and I only use 1.5 gallons at Vet B speed 2 hour harescrambles. 

Don't go throwing more bikes in the mix. lol I've been looking at the Beta Xtrainer too. I just here the forks are crap at speed but then again I'm no Graham Jarvis. lol

A simple oil change in the left legs does wonders if you're riding it like a regular off-road bike. If you actually ride it as intended, beginner or actual trials like riding, they are just fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Totally glad I picked up my 17. Great bike. Had to make a few changes, such as lowering link, 

drop forks in the tree about 10 mm, (?) and put the lower seat on. Wow what a difference.. Don't need to sit on the hidden gas cap to 

get it to carve anymore. Super pleased with it. I think either "version" of the bike (15-16, or 17-18) would be a fantastic

ride. 

Totally happy with my 15, 250FX!! I've got it dialed in perfect for my riding style and theirs just not enough changes to the new models to make me want to get a newer one. Now if they came out with a YZ350F of FX I would be down at the dealer tomorrow getting one!! :ride:  

Stewart