WTB Junk Shaft Drive Motorcycle

I'm looking for an old (early-mid 80's?) very cheap or FREE shaft drive motorcycle. The engine, front end, wiring, seat... can be junk or completely missing. I only need the rear wheel, driveshaft, swingarm and rear brake for an experimental project that probably won't work anyway, but I've gotta try. 

Left or right side drive isn't important.

Anyone have an old junker sitting out back? I'll come drag it out of the weeds and remove it for you. 

I know it's asking a lot, but a title would be a huge plus too.

THANK YOU!!!

Edit: Mods, I posted this here in the NW to not get lost in the classifieds, but if you must move it, do your thing. 

Edited by ITLKSEZ
  • Like 1

The engine-end isn't important. I can adapt either at the joint or mid-shaft. 

Thanks for the reply.

I might have found a way to go after this another way; I'll delete this thread if so. I'll post a build thread if this works out. :devil:

16 hours ago, Leftdagrid said:

V30, V45 or V65, just pic one, they were ALL junk.

I'm confused. Are you saying you have three I could pick one from because you have 3 junk bikes?

Or are you adding nothing to this thread but unwarranted antagonism?

• Like 1

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/d/cx500-project-bike/6414614421.html

Shaftie. They are junk until you mod the engine. Let me know if you want any help to haul and hold. Negotiate a rock bottom price and I'll help out as I can.

Late edit: Found this one as well:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcy/d/honda-shadow-1983-vt750c/6420463833.html

Same offer as the CX. Just because I am a sucker for oddball projects and tilting at windmills.

Edited by pscook
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, pscook said:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/d/cx500-project-bike/6414614421.html

Shaftie. They are junk until you mod the engine. Let me know if you want any help to haul and hold. Negotiate a rock bottom price and I'll help out as I can.

Late edit: Found this one as well:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcy/d/honda-shadow-1983-vt750c/6420463833.html

Same offer as the CX. Just because I am a sucker for oddball projects and tilting at windmills.

Thanks pscook! That's generous, but I think I figured out a way around the shaft drive conundrum by doing a shaft/chain combo. I'd delete this thread, but apperantly TT doesn't let you do that. 

Here's the long story. I acquired two late-80's Honda shaft drive utility quads in trade for some work. I'm keeping one for work around the property, and the other is getting morphed with our 3-wheeler and transformed into a monster utility bike. Sort of a Fat Cat on steroids for snow use, trail clearing and rock crawling. Auto clutch, e-start with kick backup, reverse, super-low first... it should be interesting.

I'll shorten the driveshaft and use the ring and pinion to spin a jackshaft that will run a chain to the rear axle. This will be better than my original plan anyway, because I won't be limited on tire size. 

When I start a build, I'll post the link back here. ?

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, ITLKSEZ said:

Thanks pscook! That's generous, but I think I figured out a way around the shaft drive conundrum by doing a shaft/chain combo. I'd delete this thread, but apperantly TT doesn't let you do that. 

Here's the long story. I acquired two late-80's Honda shaft drive utility quads in trade for some work. I'm keeping one for work around the property, and the other is getting morphed with our 3-wheeler and transformed into a monster utility bike. Sort of a Fat Cat on steroids for snow use, trail clearing and rock crawling. Auto clutch, e-start with kick backup, reverse, super-low first... it should be interesting.

I'll shorten the driveshaft and use the ring and pinion to spin a jackshaft that will run a chain to the rear axle. This will be better than my original plan anyway, because I won't be limited on tire size. 

Custom/widened swingarm? Or find a fat cat swinger and flip it over (assuming the jackshaft will run from left to right, with RH chain)? Or can you extend the output shaft and install an outboard (of sorts) sprocket to get around a widened wheel?

Intrigued, as I love oddball projects with a high likelihood of success.

12 hours ago, ITLKSEZ said:

DO keep us posted ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ready to start a build thread on this monster. I've made some headway on it. Any suggestions as to where to put the thread? It isn't brand-specific (Honda/Kawasaki), and it's a bike made out of quad and trike parts. Just post it here in the NW section? 

• Like 3