Who runs the 140/80/18?

Every thing i read says the bike should come with this rear tire, I picked up an 2017 300RR Beta Canada demo bike that had a new 120/90/18 Motoz teracepter ST.

What did your bike come with? have you tried both? has this affected any handling and or traction? Thanks for your input!

And where can i find replacements for these terrible switches on this bike? I have seen them just can not find them again.

Thank you!

I went through two 120's on my 2015 350RR and then put the 140 on. Some said I would hate it on our single track in TX but so far I love it. Traction is awesome in nearly all conditions.

The odd issue I never thought of is the added rotating mass...i.e. the rear brake becomes less effective. Took me a ride or two to adjust how much pressure I needed to apply, and sitting here typing, I am going to change to a more aggressive rear pad to try and offset it a bit. ITs and adjustment, not an annoying thing, but I will admit the first putter around camp I went back to see what oil had leaked onto my rear rotor...and none had.

It also seems to be wearing a tad better, and it should with a larger footprint, and less spinning.

7 hours ago, ScubaruSteve said:

Every thing i read says the bike should come with this rear tire, I picked up an 2017 300RR Beta Canada demo bike that had a new 120/90/18 Motoz teracepter ST.

What did your bike come with? have you tried both? has this affected any handling and or traction? Thanks for your input!

And where can i find replacements for these terrible switches on this bike? I have seen them just can not find them again.

Thank you!

I try a variety of bigger tires. 120 and 140. Some 120 are bigger than 140. To me it’s more the tire overall than the size but all things being equal I like a bigger tire over smaller. More traction is king for local stuff. It’s depending on riding style and terrain too.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

On my Beta when new came with a 140 Michelin which measures the same as a 120 MotoZ IT.

You do know that most every manufacturer of dirt bike tires measures different widths and overall diameters per given tire size, right?
Many Michelin’s 140’s measures the same as IRC 120’s. IMHO go by the technical specs, not the sometimes silly numbers on the side of the tires.
Once five years ago I bought a 140 terrapactor that was too big for my CRF 450, too big for my Aprilia RXV550 BUT it fit great on my buddies KTM 990...... The truth is in the specs.....

• Like 2