Tusk aftermarket

Can anyone tell me the origins of Tusk aftermarket products. Where are they made? It just like to me that they appeared on the scene a few yrs. ago and now that's all you see in aftermarket. Just curious where they came from. I tried researching online and nothing... 

Edited by Krit-5

32 minutes ago, Krit-5 said:

So basically ... they could be made anywhere? Globally... thanks for the response.

Yup. For example, most of their jet kits are actually DynoJet ones. I do not even know if they will tell you the name of the original producer. Just like when you go in the grocery store. Corn flakes may say 'Kellogg' or a store brand and at the same time, come from the same factory, just different packaging. Sometimes, it may 'look like' a major name brand but not be. also, any repackaged stuff typically does not have the manufacturer warranty, it has the Tusk one, which may or may not be better. I will say, very few on TT have ever had an issue with Tusk stuff.

16 minutes ago, 2_smoked said:

A lot of their own products are made in Taiwan.

Yep... They got big enough to be able to make stuff so they don't have to buy from and share profit with a distributor. Seems like a value base product line. Might not be the best of the best, but for the price, a solid choice for the majority of weekend warriors. Sometimes good nuff is all you need.

• Like 10

Yep... They got big enough to be able to make stuff so they don't have to buy from and share profit with a distributor. Seems like a value base product line. Might not be the best of the best, but for the price, a solid choice for the majority of weekend warriors. Sometimes good nuff is all you need.

Yep, I've seen the best of the best fail too. I have the Tusk bark busters, case splitter and crank puller, bought plenty of Tusk gaskets. Happy with everything so far.

For some things, it's just ridiculous to pay premium for famous brand name.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 2_smoked said:

A lot of their own products are made in Taiwan.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing, provided there are high manufacturing and material standards specified and monitored by the aftermarket product company.

• Like 4

Pittposse.   Motorsport and other companies sell good generic products for a lot less. Sometimes I pay more premium price from known companies like motion pro and other times Ill buy tusk and whatever companies.. including cheapo ebay stuff.. Price does  make a difference. And sometimes the cheap products are as good or better than expensive stuff.. sometimes. Ive bought clutch kits and brake pads from tusk with great results and low price.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I have some Tusk stuff. Have their chest protector ( they don't sell it anymore) and knee/shin guards. Bought Nuetron brake pads for years now, cheap and work great. Only thing I had a problem with was a shift lever I bought, had a Sunline on there that lasted a long time and I replaced it with the Tusk lever. When I put it on it seemed a bit loose fit almost like it wasn't pushing on all the way or maybe bottoming out before it should. Rode with it a few times and checked it and just seemed sloppy to me. Ended up taking it off and replacing with a stock part.

10 hours ago, Bricktop72 said:

I've found the Tusk clutch kits to be 2nd best to OEM. I've got Tusk rimlocks in all of my bikes and they have been great. Tools have been great quality also, I have the case splitter and a few others. 

That's good, because I am going to do a clutch in my XR this winter and I was kicking around OEM, Barnett, or Tusk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

That's good, because I am going to do a clutch in my XR this winter and I was kicking around OEM, Barnett, or Tusk.

Seriously save the money and give the Tusk a try. Steels and fibers for my yz250 were $50 so I bought one just for an emergency spare. When I did put it in the bike I was amazed how much I liked it, and how long it lasts. Some guys are brand snobs, but I just go off of price vs. performance and sometimes that ends up not being OEM.

• Like 1