Love my 2005 TC250 (unpopular bike) [Video]

I've been riding this bike for awhile now...and it makes a great trail bike. I think Husky originally marketed this as a MX bike...and it got a bad rap because of that. It is heavier and not as fast as other offerings in the 2005 motocross category, but it really does make a good trail bike. I have a 2016 CRF250r that I use for racing...but still enjoy my trail time on the Husky.

My buddy has a 2005 CRF250X...and the Husky has a lot more going for it IMO. Even though on paper the Husky is 7 pounds lighter, the CRF250X "feels" lighter when riding it. I think the CRF has it's weight more balanced and lower where the Husky feels a little top heavy. Other than that, the Husky wins out in power and it's 5 speed vs the CRF's 6 speed...you are shifting a bit less and it has good bottom and mid. To me...I like that it doesn't have a headlight/taillight since I don't ride at night.

Whenever I go to the OHV parks...I have never seen another one out there, so I feel special...lol.

Pro's: 

Easy to work on

Reliable

Bottom end is somewhat over built for a 250...they used the same bottom for their 450's & 510's...easily handle a big bore

Power is better than a CRF250x

Green sticker bike...ride all year long (this is huge for us California folks)

Here's a video with some clips of her in action. If you get bored watching my average riding skills...skip to the 7:40 mark and check out the crash reel. (it's short)

• Like 1

I felt the same way about huskys of those years, later on when it was the x-lite(red head) tc mx bikes they said it wasn't as good of a mx bike, but if you used it as a trail/xc bike is awesome. I had no clue the tc was green sticker in 05

11 minutes ago, RawbW said:

I felt the same way about huskys of those years, later on when it was the x-lite(red head) tc mx bikes they said it wasn't as good of a mx bike, but if you used it as a trail/xc bike is awesome. I had no clue the tc was green sticker in 05

Actually...all Husky TC 250's are green sticker from 2004-2010! I was originally looking for an x-lite (08-10) for my green sticker bike...but they rarely come up for sale. When this one showed up with super low hours...I grabbed it. Still had the original tires/chain/sprockets/brakes on it. ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DEMI said:

Do yourself a favour and grease the lower shock bolt at a minimum... good chance it is dry and/Or rusted. That was the other issue... watch the torque on those bolts too.

I replaced the steering head bearings earlier this year. They were original and the bottom one pressed onto the stem was rusted on there and a major pain to get off! It's a safe bet the lower shock bolt/linkage bearings are pretty toasty if the steering head is any indicator. I haven't got to them yet.

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1