03 KX65 Chrome frame?

New to the site.

I just bought an 03 KX65 for my son for Christmas got it off a guy on Craigslist in his ad he said it was very well maintained and clean.  Which it was I noticed in the pic he posted the frame of the bike was shining like a new penny in the sun light, and when I went to buy the bike I found that the whole frame was chrome and not just the frame but the swingarm, foot pegs and brake lever were chrome. It also has red triple trees.  

I was wondering if anyone had ever seen this before? I find it hard to believe some one would spend the time or money to tear this bike down and chrome all that stuff but it’s possible.

I was thinking maybe it’s some sort of special or custom edition?

The previous owner said he had no idea why it was chromed out like that. He said he bought it like that 

3 hours ago, DEMI said:

people do crazy stuff... bike is cool, your son will have something unique.

DEMI, thanks I’m figuring by now with not many reply’s that this must be a custom job.  

And yeah I’m glad I bought it because there’s a ton of 65’s out there but not many chromed out definitely not something I would do to any bike but cool none the less,  my son is 8 and still believes in Ole St Nick.  I was joking with my neighbor (who we ride with) when I brought it home the other day, I told him I’ll tell my boy it’s a North Pole edition lol 

Edited by TGRR922
  • Like 2