After 15 years out, I’m back in the game with a Beta!

Hello All, 

After going the past 15 or so years with only street bikes, I’ve decided to get back into the game. I grew up riding 2-strokes in South Jersey pits and Englishtown. Lately I’ve been really wanting to get a plated bike to get back out on the trails.

After spending the past few months researching, I’ve decided to go more the plated dirt bike route.  From looking at high mileage WR250Rs to new EXCF 500s, I ended up getting a 16’ Beta 430 RS.  500 miles with 25 hours. The bike looks like it never touched dirt. 

Most of my former riding buddies are either out of the game all together or are ex racers that just rip around some local pits from time to time. I look forward to getting out with some new riding buddies.  Now I just have to see how the titanium rods and screws throughout my back hold up!

26E4A0E0-1F5C-4EE3-B35E-2301E1999BC9.jpeg

• Like 1

Outstanding!  

I had sold all my bikes in/around 2009 as my firstborn was due  in 2010 and I had no one left to ride with.  

My boy will be 8 this Thursday and last February I got myself a 2017 500 RR-S as I had also wanted a dual sport to get back and forth to work, now that my work is only from 4.4 to 6 miles away depending on which way I go and it has been great.  I just went riding with my boy on his new TTR 110 yesterday so the dream/plan is all coming together.  

I had also considered the KTM 500 EXC and the Husky 501 FE dual sports but liked the Beta the best and if I had to do it again I'd get another 500 RR-S.  

Congrats! She's a beaut! Welcome back to the most fun sport there is.