Not totally sure but you can always go onto Husky official website, enter your VIN and it will bring up if your model is showing any recalls. I did it when I heard of the clutch problems. it said mine was clear, so as of right now I am not worrying about it. But give it a shot and see what comes up for yours. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Nathaniel Branting said:

I checked my VIN and it keeps saying "error cannot connect to server"

I just tried it to see and it did that for me also.

I'm sure you could call or try in a day or 2 and see if it works online.

MXA said that they all will fail at some point for some reason and recommend changing it out with the brembo one (the part by the countershaft that is). The seal goes bad on the magura ones they say....but I still am running my magura one personally.

• Like 2

There are no recalls on clutches that I am aware of.

Mine went out on my fc450 so I put the Oberon on....wonderinf if I should preemptively do this on our tc125 also

• Like 1

Husky has not stepped up and acknowledged a “problem” worth of a recall which sucks. KTM/Husky stepped up and recalled the front brake master cylinder on the ‘17’s.....

• Like 1

Even if I love the smooth pull of the Magura on my TC 250 2017, but after reading the Magura clutch slave fails and the MXA review I'll throw out the whole Magura clutch master-/slave unit and replace it with the Brembo stuff just for reliability reasons. Really sucks that Magura still keeping the head in the sand...Really love the new Husky bikes, but if they suck in reliability vs KTM it's a nobrainer...

How many people have experienced this though? I have had a few models through the years with a 'problem' that was blown way out of proportion on forums, but between me and ppl I knew with the same model, no one ever experienced said problem. Not saying this clutch thing is BS, but I know a lot of ppl with Huskys and none of my friends have had to replace the Magura unit yet. I surely hope that I don't have to, but I really don't want to buy the Brembo parts if I don't have to either.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, ah665 said:

How many people have experienced this though? I have had a few models through the years with a 'problem' that was blown way out of proportion on forums, but between me and ppl I knew with the same model, no one ever experienced said problem. Not saying this clutch thing is BS, but I know a lot of ppl with Huskys and none of my friends have had to replace the Magura unit yet. I surely hope that I don't have to, but I really don't want to buy the Brembo parts if I don't have to either.

Id say a dozen or more over on the 250/35/450/500, have posted failures.

It was the switch to brake fluid that seemed to blow everything up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud786 said:

Id say a dozen or more over on the 250/35/450/500, have posted failures.

It was the switch to brake fluid that seemed to blow everything up.

What kind of fluid was used before the switch?

40 minutes ago, johnk408 said:

mineral oil

What can we do to ensure no problems with factory slave. anything?  Which fluid to use?

The damage is already done, with the wrong fluid, yet the new maguras are supposed to use regular brake fluid. It could be simply bad rubber material.

The fix (because Husky doesn't acknowledge a problem)  and new slave  units fail again, swap over to a Brembo piston, but that's on the 500's , The 350's have a different slave piston set up, don't know on the 2 strokes, but if there' a compatible piston option with its sister ktm counter part, that would offer a better choice . But if you get a failed Magura piston oring, then you have to look along those lines, as now you that you're a victim of the issue.

• Like 1

I would think it would be all with the magura as it is the same whether on the 4 stroke or 2 stroke. I haven't really seen anyone on here with an issue, just read about it in MXA personally.

My 2017 tx300 has 54 hard hours on it, and my slave is in tact. That said, upon discovery of this issue via this forum, I still ordered a Brembo slave unit to replace it. The money just isn't worth as much as a DNF in my XC/endur0 series that I'm hunting for a championship in.

Hey Ralingruts, what part number was the brembo replacement as I have the same bike and trying to find the right part#.  Thanks.