Crf250r frame with 250x engine?

Hi guys I don't know if this has already been covered on here but my engine is complete toast I've got a crf250r 2008 but a cheap engine had popped up local only difference is it' the crf250x 

So the big question is would the crf250x mount into the r frame without issues and is there any differece in power 

I know the x has electric start so would there be any additional running gear needed to get the engine running in my frame thanks people 

Can't confirm but thinking as far an engine mounts go

a 250X engine should be compatible up to a 2009 model year R chassis.

The CRF250X engine is 'de-tuned' for trail and off-roading versus the motocross version.

-smaller lift and duration cam

-smaller bore carburetor (early 250R's also had a 37mm versus 40mm), leaner settings

-heavier flywheel with lighting magneto

-wide ratio gearbox

-some model year X have a 'PAIR' air valve for emission purposes, if so you'd have to install a block off kit.

It also has a electric starter, the battery mounts in an X specific subframe under the seat just above the air filter. 

You access the air filter on a 250X rather by a side panel in the left side number plate.

To avoid possible headaches you would ideally also require the X wiring harness to run the engine,

which unfortunately would also require some alterations as the 250X has a headlight & taillight, starter relay, button, clutch switch etc.

For trail and off-roading this swap is certainly a consideration but, if you rather ride motocross tracks

the wide-ratio gearbox and engine's low to midrange power characteristics are far from ideal versus an R.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

Well that answered my question and more it just isn' worth it I suppose and yes I ride tracks so I understand what your saying power wise wouldn't be much good at all thanks for the reply and all your information it' greatly appreciated 

• Like 1