Scalvini Exhaust!

Well for 2018 Ty Cullins will not be on the Beta Factory Race Team for Endurocross. 

After thinking about what the next step would be he decided to still ride a Beta since we still have a lot of parts and extra wheels etc. plus a lot of knowledge about the bikes and he's been racing one since 2013 when he was 14. He also decided to go back to a 2-stroke as he felt a lighter bike might help his racing and it would be a lot less expensive and easier for us to maintain over a year.  He will be getting some side support from Beta so all ties aren't cut. 

So that all stinks, but now the good part! He can now run and get whatever sponsors/products he wants. We sat down and made a list of all the things the Team uses and how they work for us and what different things he would like. 

One of the first things on the top of his list was to run Scalvini exhaust and they where happy to come on board! We have an old Scalvini  from back in 2013 before Ty was on the team and he has always liked that pipe best! Plus you can see from the pics its tucked up a lot higher, so hopefully not as many bent pipes for EX! 

He'll also be testing the carbon shorty compared to the longer aluminum/carbon silencer. I lined all the mufflers up from stock to FMF shorty, long Scalvini, short Scalvini. 

I mounted the exhaust on an older 250 we have for sale. Going to have to wait a couple weeks for the 2018 300 to try out the different silencers. In the past he ran his old Scalvini with a stock muffler I cut down. 

We Have a lot of other cool ideas and things he wants to use/try. I'll keep updating on things for those that are interested. 

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2907.JPG

IMG_2909.JPG

IMG_2904.JPG

Edited by ccullins
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, ccullins said:

Well for 2018 Ty Cullins will not be on the Beta Factory Race Team for Endurocross. 

After thinking about what the next step would be he decided to still ride a Beta since we still have a lot of parts and extra wheels etc. plus a lot of nolage about the bikes and he's been racing one since 2013 when he was 14. He also decided to go back to a 2-stroke as he felt a lighter bike might help his racing and it would be a lot less expensive and easier for us to maintain over a year.  He will be getting some side support from Beta so all ties aren't cut. 

So that all stinks, but now the good part! He can now run and get whatever sponsors/products he wants. We sat down and made a list of all the things the Team uses and how they work for us and what different things he would like. 

One of the first things on the top of his list was to run Scalvini exhaust and they where happy to come on board! We have an old Scalvini  from back in 2013 before Ty was on the team and he has always liked that pipe best! Plus you can see from the pics its tucked up a lot higher, so hopefully not as many bent pipes for EX! 

He'll also be testing the carbon shorty compared to the longer aluminum/carbon silencer. I lined all the mufflers up from stock to FMF shorty, long Scalvini, short Scalvini. 

I mounted the exhaust on an older 250 we have for sale. Going to have to wait a couple weeks for the 2018 300 to try out the different silencers. In the past he ran his old Scalvini with a stock muffler I cut down. 

We Have a lot of other cool ideas and things he wants to use/try. I'll keep updating on things for those that are interested. 

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2907.JPG

IMG_2909.JPG

IMG_2904.JPG

Hey my best to you and your son! Hey maybe this will turn out better.. Your son is a great rider and I enjoy seeing his progress. It’s cool to see how this scalvini will work out. Im liking my 300 better than my 350. My 350 is good just no comparison to the 300 to me. 

Im wondering how the scalvini compares to stock

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Unfortunately no spark arrestor. It's a full on euro (Italian) pipe and they don't have them there. 

Pics really don't do it just how good it looks. 

Compared to stock the Scalvini has the same low end power, except it actually has a smoother transition through the mid range so the bike seems to hook up better and not lose traction. Because of this your able to ride the bike more aggressively.  From there the bike revs out further into the top end before it begins to flatten out. Bike feels easier to ride yet faster. 

• Like 6

Unfortunately no spark arrestor. It's a full on euro (Italian) pipe and they don't have them there. 

Pics really don't do it just how good it looks. 

Compared to stock the Scalvini has the same low end power, except it actually has a smoother transition through the mid range so the bike seems to hook up better and not lose traction. Because of this your able to ride the bike more aggressively.  From there the bike revs out further into the top end before it begins to flatten out. Bike feels easier to ride yet faster. 

Hmm sounds good!!

Hi ccullins, I noticed that you said that you cut your kids stock muffler down. Now I have a beta 500 4 stroke, and I'm happy with it except that the muffler sticks out so far, and I have quite a bit of rockrash on it. so I was thinkinking about taking it apart and chopping it down a bit. Maybe knocking 5 or 6 inches off depending on what I find inside of it.

Do you think I would have to do anything about the mapping if I did? 

I know that fmf makes quality replacements but they still stick out kinda far.

any thoughts?

Not sure about the 4 stroke muffler. I've never worked on one. All our stock 4t mufflers got taken off before the bike ever runs and got put on the shelf till the bike sells. 

The one that I cut down was off a 2013 250RR. That was before FMF started selling the shorty. 

With all the stuff inside it I don't think I would attempt it with a fourstroke. I'd just go with the FMF. Maybe others who have actually opened one up might have other ideas?

Edited by ccullins

Anyone know where to get the Scalvini silencer's? I found them at get dirty, but I'm on the east coast and they charge $15 for shipping. 

I can get them, but shipping would be about the same. 

Or check with Motoman/Scalvini directly

https://www.motomandistributing.com/scalvini-products

Thank you, should be able to order from motoman online soon. I noticed the Scalvini only have 1 bolt instead of the 2 both FMF's have. How do they hold up to abuse?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 12/24/2017 at 11:06 AM, DEMI said:

Fitment? Any massaging?

Sorry missed this. 

No problem at all with fit. As you can see the lower mount needs to be rotated around because the pipe mounts so much higher, but that's no big deal. 

Our first 2013 pipe had an issue of being too big where the muffler connects to the pipe, but that's fixed with the new pipes. 

Edited by ccullins

On 12/24/2017 at 1:08 PM, JWR14 said:

Thank you, should be able to order from motoman online soon. I noticed the Scalvini only have 1 bolt instead of the 2 both FMF's have. How do they hold up to abuse?

Not sure.  Haven't been able to run the silencer, haven't got the 2018 bike yet. The one in the picture was put on an older bike we where selling just to see how pretty they look. 

However since even the long silencer is a lot lighter than the FMF I don't think it'll be an issue. 

I’ve heard the metal in these is very thin. Do these seem fragile, or dent easier than other pipes?

Seem about the same as a Factory Fatty. 

We (my kid) have no problem denting pipes :cry:

IMG_2928.PNG

• Like 1

Ha ha, No you sure don’t! Thanks for the feedback. I’ve been wanting to try a Scalvini pipe on my XT

I have a I tested a pile of pipes and mufflers on the 250rr also, settled on the Scalvini short carbon muffler and PC pipe. 

250/300 Scalvini used once $250, pm me.