Scalvini Exhaust!

4 hours ago, tonkaman said:

Ha ha, No you sure don’t! Thanks for the feedback. I’ve been wanting to try a Scalvini pipe on my XT

Yeah I really like how high they made the pipe for the cross trainer!

 

IMG_2929.PNG

Excellent re-purpose of an old ashtray! (says the ex-smoker - 43 years quit!):rolleyes:

11 hours ago, tonkaman said:

Ha ha, No you sure don’t! Thanks for the feedback. I’ve been wanting to try a Scalvini pipe on my XT

Scalvini pipe on my '15 XT300 is awesome......much beefier mid range plus top end zing without losing anything off the bottom

I run mine with the # 7 slide (same as RR), 165 main, 35 pilot and NEDW needle (from memory) 

I have an '18 XT250 incoming and will put the Scalvini on that bike and revert the 300 back to stock for sale

Finally got the 2018 bike home Friday night at 5pm. Then we where up till 11:30pm so Ty could race it in a two day Sprint Enduro starting Saturday. 

Besides just going through prepping a new bike to race the basic things where, Samco hose kit, race wire loom, bars, IMS pegs, Seat Concepts seat,  BRP chain guide, rear disc guard, quick turn throttle, Kenda tires, Mousse bibbs, jettting, plastic off last years bike and of course the Scalvini exhaust. Beta had already done the suspension. 

We are really happy the way the older rear fender/side plates fit on the bike. Just cut the lip on the left side plate and it's a perfect fit! 

Ty rode it around for about 10 minutes before the race, then he was off WFO. He was extremely happy with the bike. Said it definitely pulls harder than last years. Also really happy with how it tracked through the rocky sections. 

Being it was a race and he was happy with it didn't try the longer silencer or anything. We checked things over after every loop since it was a brand new bike and only found one skid plate bolt loose. Maybe we didn't tighten it down late on Friday night.  With the shorty muffler it sure doesn't have the usual Beta sound. Sounds like a true MX bike. 

Ended up winning his class (Open A) against 450's and can't wait for the next one. Excited to try a few more things on the bike, but for now really pleased with the 2018 300

IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_2950.JPG

IMG_2957.JPG

IMG_2958.JPG

Edited by ccullins
Yeah I really like how high they made the pipe for the cross trainer!
 
IMG_2929.PNG.c43d5571427c9eec4600b2e4000c4de0.PNG


Oh, wow. That looks great. I'd love to have a pipe tucked up like that.
On 1/4/2018 at 0:33 AM, ccullins said:

Seem about the same as a Factory Fatty. 

We (my kid) have no problem denting pipes :cry:

 

Do you know what carbon pipe guard's fit the Scalvini for 300rr? Why don't you run one? Weight?

1 hour ago, JWR14 said:

Do you know what carbon pipe guard's fit the Scalvini for 300rr? Why don't you run one? Weight?

Scalvini makes their own good quality carbon guards but they are not coming cheap. Check their site, should be there. 

I have two Scalvini guards for their Beta pipe. 

The one is their first one which is moto oriented. It covers mostly the frontal area of the pipe to protect from rocks coming from other bikes. 

PM me if you are interested. 

PS: both are very light 

Edited by dirtbird
1 hour ago, JWR14 said:

Do you know what carbon pipe guard's fit the Scalvini for 300rr? Why don't you run one? Weight?

What dirtbird said as far as guards go. 

As for us. We often use one, but sponsors don't want their pipes covered up at major events. 

4 hours ago, dirtbird said:

Scalvini makes their own good quality carbon guards but they are not coming cheap. Check their site, should be there. 

I have two Scalvini guards for their Beta pipe. 

The one is their first one which is moto oriented. It covers mostly the frontal area of the pipe to protect from rocks coming from other bikes. 

PM me if you are interested. 

PS: both are very light 

I found the e-line one on getdirty, your right the Scalvini ones ain't cheap.

Setting up a new Cross-Trainer with a Scalvini exhaust for a customer. Pipe built exclusively for the X-Trainer, not a RR pipe. Really like how it tucks up so high. 

 

IMG_3212.JPG

IMG_3213.JPG

IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3215.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

Oh man... That's about as sweet as 2 stroke pipes get. I'm jealous of the shape/location of that pipe.

Nice!!!!! Looks like a custom guard is the way to go for the extreme enduro guys. It’s nice up and away!!!

Wow that pipe looks sweet as 👍👍

On 3/9/2018 at 3:06 PM, ccullins said:

Setting up a new Cross-Trainer with a Scalvini exhaust for a customer. Pipe built exclusively for the X-Trainer, not a RR pipe. Really like how it tucks up so high. 

 

IMG_3212.JPG

IMG_3213.JPG

IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3215.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

 I like the red xtrainers!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now